Chapter 22

SARAH's PoV

After dinner, Tita invited me in the garden. Matteo let us to do our thing while he's having fun with paolo in the living room.

She missed me so much, as she always said everytime we're talking over the phone.

Tita Glenna is the person I thanked to God the most.

Her love for me is beyond anything.

She's a dream Mom for me, A kind of Mom I dreamed ever since.

-

After what happened to me two months ago, Tita Glenna is not getting tired of reminding me not to do those things again.

"Don't do that again, okay? You can tell me anything, Tita will help you." She said.

I smile and nodded, "Yes po, Tita!"

"I can still remember that night, It's still fresh. The pain I felt that time is something unforgetable.." She then faced me,

"The nurse called me, she said you're inside the Emergency room...critical. We went to you immediately, we found you inside the ER fighting to breath and stay alive. All I can do is to pray for you. But when I saw you looking at us like you're saying goodbye, I maked a promise to myself..." She held my hand,

"If God will allow you and give you another chance to live again, I will be a mother to you. I'll treat and love you like my own daughter. I don't want to lose you.We don't want to lose you... My son can't take it..."

"I can't take it, hija!" She said as she looked straight in my eyes.

I saw love. A love of Mother.

I gaved her a hug, a long tight hug, "Thank you po, Tita! Thank you for being with me in times I needed you and your family... God knows how much you mean to me."

"Thank you for loving me!" I whispered.

She rubbed my back, "I'm always here for you, always remember that. Maybe I'm not your Mommy by blood, but I'm sure I'm your Mommy by heart  right?" She asked with a sweet smile.

I nodded before I gaved her a kiss on the cheek, "Mommy..." I whispered.

She gaved me a hug too. She's about to talk when we heard footsteps coming from the livingroom.

"Mom!" It's matteo. Nakasimangot na naman.

"Yes, son?" Tita asked like we're not talking about something he didn't like the most.

Matteo don't like bringing that topic again. I don't know why, but his mood everytime we're talking about it changed in an instant. When I asked him why, he said that it's the most painful day of his life.

"Are you two talking about it, again?" He asked tita first before looking at me.

Since Tita knew I'm not hiding anything from matteo, she slowly nodded with a light smile on her face.

"Tsk! Maybe I shouldn't let you and sarah being alone together when she's here. Please Mom, stop bringing that topic up again. We should forget it, It's too painful to talk about!" He sighed.

"Love..." As I held his arm.

"You know I hate it, right?" He asked. "I'm sorry, I just can't stand hearing it over and over again. It hurts me, you both know that!" he then walked out.

He's really serious about it, huh? Ang sungit!

Tita and I talked some more before we went upstairs to rest. And I'm hoping that matt is still awake by this time.