Part 1

She sat down on her bed tears in her eyes. She looked down at the knife in her hands. She thought about it, like she had done many times before. This time it felt different and she had different thoughts in her head.

She could hear him at the dorm door yelling her name and saying not to do it. But all she could hear is him taunting her and telling her she's worthless. She thought of all the times he pushed her around and would beat her till she had no fight left in her frail body. She thought about how many times he had cheated on her with another girl.

She started a letter:

"Why shouldn't I? Is it because you want to keep digging to see if you can break me again? Break my heart into crumb size pieces. Break it till there's nothing left."

She stopped and thought, "little do you know that I want to feel all the pain and have some humanity left when I drift away."

She wants him to suffer like he made her suffer over and over again.

Why was she with you, you ask? You would've had to ask her that when she breathed.

Five minutes go by and she is just sitting there with tears running down her face. They never seem to end. She breathes and takes the knife and slowing and painfully cuts her wrist. As soon as she starts the blood pours out of her wrist like pouring water into a glass from a pitcher. She breathes slowly and lays on her back. The world gets fuzzy and she closes her eyes. She hears the door fall to the ground as the paramedics rush over and try and stop the bleeding. One puts an IV in her arm, the other ties something just above the trenched skin. They count to three and she can feel herself being lifted off the bed and onto a cold hard stretcher. She listens to the paramedics tell her she is going to be ok. She doesn't want to be ok. She feels cold pads being pressed onto her already freezing body. She listens to the beeps getting slower and slower.

One guy says, "Jasmine look at her bruises."

Will he figure out what they are from and who gave them to me?

The sirens are still going, but she can feel herself getting moved. They are running. She can hear the concerned voices. Do they know she is awake? She tries to open her eyes but she can't she is too weak.

It takes all her strength left in her to grab the person next to her. She can feel the hairiness of his arms. She breathes a sigh of relieve, it's not him.

The nurses eyes widen, "She's awake!"

And that's the last thing she remembered.

Author's Note:

So I'm starting another story. I don't know if it will be a short story or long one. I don't know what it's going to be called yet either. Hope you enjoyed.

~Angela Cregan