Chapter 1- Brothers, Backpacks, and History Class.

(A/N- This was inspired by a book I read called Off The Page~ I'm changing it up of course but I was inspired by the book by Jodi Picoilt and Samantha van leer)

Your POV
I sat up, and yawned. I groaned as the dreadful truth hit me. I had to go to school.

I staggered off the bed and over to the closet, grabbing white jeans and a blue T-Shirt, along with a gray Hollister sweatshirt.

I left the room, and went to the bathroom to change. I put my hair up and dabbed on some concealer and a little mascara. I grabbed the dirty white converse that sat by the doors and headed downstairs for breakfast. It was 7:30, 15 minutes until the bus came.
Sighing, I poured some Lucky Charms into a plastic bowl, poured some milk, grabbed a spoon, grabbed my phone from the counter, and sat down. A few minutes later, I heard footsteps coming down the steps.

"When's the bus gonna be here?"

It was my brother.

"In 10 minutes. Zane, go get dressed! Your gonna miss it and I'm not waiting for you." I told him.

"Ughh." He groaned as he marched back upstairs.

I rolled my eyes. I was a Junior, and he's a freshman, Which meant we unfortunately had to be in the same school this year, AND next year. I finished up my cereal and rinsed out my bowl. I ran upstairs and brushed my teeth, grabbed my backpack, and knocked on my brother Zane's bedroom door.

"Hurry it up! We have to go!" I called.

"ILL BE THERE IN A MINUTE!" A muffled voice called from in the room.

I headed back downstairs. I was completely ready, and just in time too. The bus was coming any minute. At the last second as usual, my brother came running outside behind me.

Time skip, at school.
I got of the bus, my best friend Bailey behind me.

"Ugh. Mondays suck." She complained.

"Yeah but at least I have history first! I heard we're finally studying the 1700s. And you know what that means..." I said with a smirk.

"Oh god..."

"We get to talk about Marquis De Lafayette!" I exclaimed.

"Your the only one in that class who enjoys that." Bailey said.

"So? Still, I'm excited! Now let's go, class is starting."

We walked into our high school for the billionth time. Junior year, seemed like it was never going to end. Once we made our way down the halls, and eventually to the right classroom. We slid in our seats just in time, as the bell rang. Our history teacher, Mr.Fin, walked to the front of the room as the class went silent.

"Good morning!" He called.

The class mumbled a small "good morning".

"How enthusiastic. Anyways, today we will be starting our 1700s unit!"

"YES!" I exclaimed.

The class turned around and stared at me.

"Oh uh I meant cool, or uh- you know never mind..." I said awkwardly.

"Now class, don't judge (Y/N), the 18th century is a very crucial one in history. Our financial system was established, the first major sex affair occurred, we had our very first secretary of the treasury. Does anyone know who it was?"

I frantically waved my hand around in the air, ignoring the strange looks from my peers. Mr.Fin looked at me.

"ALEXANDER HAMILTON!" I announced.

"Very good!" Our teacher said proudly.

For the rest of the class, we talked about Alexander Hamilton, and George Washington. Lafayette wasn't mentioned, but Mr.Fin said we would talk about him in the next few days. The other 3 classes that morning went by extremely slowly, but eventually the morning classes were done and I headed to the Cafeteria. I had first lunch, which I was happy about because I was always starving by noon. I grabbed the paper bag with my lunch in it out of my locker, grabbed my very cherished Hamilton book out of my locker, and head to the cafeteria. I found my usual seat, and a few minutes later my two best friends joined me.

Tyler and Bailey sat down.

"Hey!" I said.

"Hey!" They said.

I set down the Hamilton book on the table and opened up to the "Guns and Ships" lyric page.

"Ugh, no (Y/N) please don't..."

"IMTAKINGTHISHORSEBYTHEREIN-"

"SHUT UPPPPP!" Bailey groaned.

Tyler laughed.

"See? He thinks it's funny." I said.

"He's only saying that because he still loves you." Bailey said.

"Oh my lord. Bailey, we had a thing for each other in 6th grade, and it was a middle school relationship." Tyler explained.

"Exactly!" I agreed.

"Fine but I still ship it." Bailey said as she took a bite out of her sandwich.

I rolled my eyes as we finished up lunch.

"S-So (Y/N), your birthday is tomorrow!" Tyler said as we walked down the hall.

"Oh yeah!" I said.

"The big one seven!" Bailey cheered as she patted me on the back.

"Right!" I said with a laugh.

"You should do a big party!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah! And since it's only a few days away from Halloween, you could do a Halloween birthday party!" Tyler suggested.

"I don't know guys, I'm not big on parties." I said.

"No! You need to! It would be so fun!" Bailey protested.

"Alright, I guess I'll talk to my parents about it." I said, giving in.

"Yay!" Tyler cheered.

I smiled as we walked down the halls to the rest of the afternoon.

(Sorry this chapter is boring. Next chapter will be a lot better! Hope you'll like the new story! Feel free to leave comments about anything 👍🏻❤️)