Who is Nicholas Flamel?

Me, Harry, Hermione and Ron are walking along a path with Hagrid, talking.

Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom? "Hagrid asked.

Who knows. Why was he trying to get past that 3 headed dog on Halloween? "I asked.
Who told you 'bout Fluffy? "He asked.
Fluffy? "Ron questioned.

That thing has a name? "Hermione asked.

Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the "Hagrid started.

Yes? "I asked a bit too quickly.

Shouldn'ta said that. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is. "He said.

But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it! "Harry said.

Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher. "Hagrid said.

Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a curse when I see one. I've read all about them. You have to keep eye contact. And Snape wasn't blinking. "Hermione said.

Exactly. "Harry said.

Hagrid sighs.

Now, you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between ProfessorDumbledore and Nicholas Flamel. "Hagrid said.

Nicholas Flamel? "I questioned smirking.

I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. I should not have said that. "Hagrid kept saying to himself.

Nicholas Flamel...Who's Nicholas Flamel? "Harry asked confused.
I don't know. "Heemione said.