Chapter Twenty-Eight

~Aliyah's POV

I couldn't sleep.

The thoughts of Jayden questioning our relationship because of that fucking slip-up the other day kept me wide awake. He was really stagnant on the idea that something was wrong with me. What if he gets scared and leaves me?

I had to prove myself. I had to prove to him that I was fine and I could be just as physically invested in this relationship as he was trying to be.

I glanced at the clock, and it read 1:15. Jayden was beside me in the bed, our backs to each other. I turned to face him, gently shaking his shoulder.

"Babe...Babe." I whispered, trying to wake him up. I could hear him softly snoring. I shook him a little harder, to no avail.

"Fuck it," I pulled his shoulder so he was now on his back, and removed the sheets from his body before straddling him.

"Jayden, wake up." I cupped his face. His eyes fluttered open, and he squinted.

"H-hm?" He muttered, still half asleep.

"Let's do it babe." I began to kiss his face, from his lips down to the crook of his neck.

"Ali...fuck," he moaned as I began to grind on top of him. "Aliyah what are you doing?" He breathed.

"I want you, I want you so bad," I took off my shirt, and began a trail of wet kisses down the length of his torso.

"I... Aliyah." Jayden placed his hands on my hips, which I thought was him prompting me to go faster, but instead he just stopped me as he sat up. "What are you doing, babe?"

"What do you mean? I'm trying to have sex with you, what does it look like?" I explained as Jayden wiped the sleep from his eyes and turned the lamp on. We sat across from each other on the bed, me now sitting criss-cross.

"Why?" He looked me in the eye.

"What the hell, what do you mean why? Because!"

"Because you actually want to, or because you have an agenda to prove that you can?" Damn it. Why was he so good at reading me?

"There's nothing wrong with me, Jayden. I don't see why you can't just let it go." I pleaded.

"Because I care about you, princess. If I see a red flag, I'm going to call you out on it because I care, and I want you to be at your best always."

"You're being dramatic. Just let me show you, and then we can move on," I tried to straddle him again but he rejected me.

"No, Aliyah. It just doesn't feel right. I'm sorry. Please get some rest, I love you." Just like that, he turned off the lamp and turned on his side.

"This is bullshit," I muttered, laying back down on my side in a disruptive manner. I reached over and grabbed the cup of water on my nightstand and took a sip. My phone laid on the nightstand as well, and as soon as my eyes laid on it, it began to ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Damn. Look at you. Your man don't even want you now, babygirl." Fuck.

"How did you get my number?" I shot out of bed, going to check the windows in the apartment. There was no way he would've gotten my number from anyone I knew. It was impossible, how could this happen? "You need to leave me the fuck alone, or I swear to God you will spend the rest of your life rotting in jail, you understand?"

"Good luck with that, Aliyah. Just know I'm always gon' be here. Forever." His words sending a shiver up my spine as I felt tears pooling in my eyes. I was frozen in my spot, my phone falling out of my hands and hitting the kitchen floor.