Rise

With a loud huff she fanned herself with her hand and looked up to the motionless fan above. 

Her head turned to the switch board on the far corner of the room. Sighing again, she reviewed the packed row of students between her and the board and remembered how many bruises she had gotten while squeezing herself in her current seat.

"This academy's management is the worst." : was a thought that visited her almost all the time nowadays. She was already dreaming about when she would be able to leave. 

Ugh...it is too hot. She looked around the classroom. The tall, mustache attendant was nowhere to be seen after he had brilliantly ignored her raised hand and request to turn the fan on.

I'll just have to get up myself. With curses and groans she walked over the stretch of litter-strewn classroom, weaving between chatting students; and finally turned the fan on. Did these people not feel the heat

Latecomers were still streaming in but her friends were nowhere to be seen. Crossing her way through the crowd again she made it back to her seat, only to find her bag thrown to the side and her seat occupied.

"Excuse me."

It took almost twenty minutes to make the impostor get up. The charlatan sat there with furrowed brows, determined to get away with the disgusting act. Never once meeting her eyes. In the end; after constant nagging, the impostor stood up with a huff and went to a seat in the last row, banging into people along the way. She squeezed back into her seat, sensing more relief than victory. Her anger had not properly abated yet either, she wanted to shout at the cheat for throwing her bag at the ground like it was trash. Who the hell treats books like that? Who the hell does that to someone else's property?

Ignorance was infuriating.

But continuing arguing was bad for her throat and the other girl would probably glare into distance again anyway. There is no cure for ignorance for those who do not want to get better.

She looked about her again. Her friends were not here; even now. In conclusion, they were not coming.

She grimaced and leaned back on her chair, the teacher was taking his time to arrive, as usual. Loud voices of the gossiping girls thumped against her ears and the heat was making breathing almost impossible.

She clenched her teeth and tried to focus on breathing; turning away from the people and facing the wall. The teacher walked in and after two, three moments of shouting for calm, with the girls in the back row still chatting in low voices, a moderate silence was established and the lesson started. 

She listened with her full attention. Listening was the reason she was here, out of her comfy bed in the middle of summer vacations. She had tried giving up all her responsibilities and flow with time, but that had been more depressing than her usual experiences so she was here now to do something about her future.

The teacher paused for a while and she let her gaze stray from the board. The door to the classroom was wide open and the corridor outside was deserted. She only mildly wondered where the attendants had gone to. The voice of her teacher and the noise of the class was like a muffled whir in her ears and her eyes began to droop. 

It seemed she had been staring for hours, when she noticed a figure amble up the stairs in the mid of the corridor through half lidded eyes. Her brow creased a little and she tilted her face.  One of her eyebrows went up as her vision cleared and she took in his appearance, a white undershirt, light blue shorts covering thin, hairy legs with veins jutting against pasty skin all kept in place by a checkered T-shirt at the waist.