for

positivity chapter

when i was little, i was really self conscious. i didn't like my freckles, i didn't like how white i am, i didn't like my brown eyes, i didn't like how my nose and cheeks were always flushed. i thought it made me look sick. i didn't like the sound of my voice and i would get really embarassed if anyone heard me singing. i was always awkward and uncoordinated. felt bad about my gangly limbs and crooked smile.

but that was years ago.

i still have low self esteem and the littlest thing can ruin my day and make any shred of confidence fall apart. but somehow, i still have been feeling great about myself. i love my freckles, because there aren't too many, and there aren't too few. they aren't little pin prick freckles, they're about the size of ladybug spots. i love how my skin is so light compared to my dark features. i love my brown eyes, because have you seen brown eyes in the sunlight? they glow. i like how my cheeks and nose are like tumblr art. it shows i'm living and laughing. i like the sound of my voice. its mine. i own my awkwardness and admit to being uncoordinated. i love my crooked smile because it's unique to me. and my long limbs are awkward, yeah, but if my limbs were any shorter i wouldn't be able to rock long sleeved shirts and epic skinnies quite as well.

so you know all the insecurities you may have?
you find beauty in them.
find beauty in your eyes, nose, skin tone, cheeks, limbs, voice, hair, birth marks, smile, laugh, personality traits. everything. because you are heckin beautiful/handsome, smart, and strong. you're gonna go far.
you can do anything you put your mind to.
so when the world tells you no, that is not what i think is beautiful, you look in the mirror and tell yourself the world doesn't matter. you do.
the only person who will always be there for you is you.
take care of yourself.
don't you dare tell yourself for a second that you are anything less than amazing.
you are a heckin beautiful human being, and you better own it.