Ends & Beginnings.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

It's crazy how time flies. Four years later and I am married to Grayson. I realized that he is the love of my life. We both realized we wanted to be together, so I let it happen. We've been together since then, since we were eighteen years old. I feel so grateful being able to wake up next to him every day. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been all peachy, but we've worked it out. And that's how any relationship should be. You don't just give up when things get hard, you sit down and work that shit out until you guys come to a compromise of some sort, until you are both happy again, until you have made up. Like us, I won't let us go to bed fighting. At the end of the day, I just want to be happy, laid up next to him, in his arms, content.

About two months after we got together, his grandpa passed. It was a really hard time on him, and his little brother. Not too long after, their grandma passed too. She was really upset, she stopped eating and wouldn't come out of her room. Her last words to me were to take care of her boys. I made a promise that I would not let her down.

A year after that, Grayson decided to go back to school, so him and his brother moved in with me. He became like my son. I love that little boy so much. Well, he's not so little anymore. He is going to be nine soon. He makes my days so much brighter. We were able to work out our schedules with his school schedule too, and I'm glad it has worked out so far. But I think it won't matter much longer anyway. I think I'm taking some time off from school. I already have one degree, but I'm not sure if I would like to keep studying or not. I might hold off on that for a while. though. Aside from that, we are pregnant and expecting a little baby girl soon. We're honestly super excited and counting down the final months.

¤ ¤ ¤

We're back home for the day, on a rather chilly Sunday. We are all at the cemetery leaving some fresh flowers for the grandparents. We have been doing this almost every Sunday since they both passed. It's a nice way to continue to show our love and gratitude for them.

We are about to leave when I see Jacob's mom and sister. Something deep inside of me starts to feel sick when his mom glances at me. She is crying but still manages to smile. I head to hug her and ask what's wrong. "You didn't hear," she questions, tears falling. "Hear what?" I say, trying to look at the headstone, but Jake's sister is hiding it. "Mama, I miss him so much, why can't he come back?" I start to panic, "Who? What happened?" "Jake, Jacob," his mom cried. I start to cry too because the last time I saw him, we ended on super bad terms. It was recent too.

After all of these years, he had gone to my moms' house to apologize when we happened to be house sitting for my parents. He had told me he was happy for me, and that Grayson truly did deserve me. I told him that he needed to go home because he reeked of alcohol. I told him we could talk another time when he was sober because we needed to catch up. And then he started telling me off for no reason, well, aside from the reason that he was drunk. I told him it would be best if he left my family and me alone, if he was going to be acting that way. Then he asked if we could give us another shot now that he was older and realized what he truly wanted in life. I told him I was pregnant. He got into his truck and took off. That's the last I saw of him. I'm not sure if he left crying, I think he did, and now I feel like the worst person alive.

I can't stop crying and Grayson can't comfort me. His mom finally tells me that she was in an accident and passed on site. I feel my knees go weak, and I fall to the ground. Oh my lord, why Jacob, why? He had just turned twenty-one. I start to shake uncontrollably, and feel as if I'm about to faint. "The baby," I cry, feeling pain roam throughout my body. Grayson and Jake's mom, Gracy, help me to the car. I feel as though I cannot breathe. "She's going super pale, Grayson! Please, promise me that you'll take care of her and get her to the emergency room safely. Grayson won't stop crying now, he is freaking out. "I, I, I promise, ma'am. I'm very sorry for your loss as well. Thank you for helping me get here here," he says, rather fast. He gets into the car and his brother takes the passenger side. I try to lay down in the back, but it's uncomfortable. I feel baby girl kick and I apologize to her. "I'm sorry, baby girl. It's okay, mommy is okay, I promise. Please, calm down." I cry, hoping that my emotional breakdown causes her no harm. I wouldn't forgive myself if anything were to happen to her. I already lost Jacob, and that was truly my fault. I should've made him stay. I'm a horrible human being. I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive myself.