You're not clever you know.

We had dinner, and it was indeed scrumptious. “You do skate don’t you?” Hartsy asked. The question kind of took me by surprise. I knew I had said I couldn’t, and I guess they just figured I was fibbing. Maybe they were just able to tell? I mean, I could. I used to play ice hockey. I didn’t want them to figure that out, and ask me to play with them. I haven’t played for a while for a reason. “No. I can’t.”

            “Well then let one of us teach you! Rinaldo teaches people all the time!” I shook my head. “Well, Bray-Bray over here can teach you!” Giroux winked at me. I stood up smiling, grabbing plates and put them in the dishwasher. “Oh! How nice of you. Avoiding the conversation.” Hartnell shook his head with a smirk. I sat back down with them, looking at my phone. I had a missed call from Allison. “Excuse me! Have to make a call.” I said slightly humorous. I got up, walked out to the porch, and called her back. She picked up pretty fast.

“Why didn’t you answer!?”

“I was eating Ally, what’s up?”

“Can I come get you? I dropped Mase off, dinner was great!”

“Erm…sure, if you want.”

“You’re not done there?”

“I am, hold on.” I opened the sliding door and shouted to the guys. “Address please!” They shouted their address to me, and I repeated it to Allison.

“Alright, on my way.”

            I hung up and walked back in. The guys were still chatting at the table. So I sat back down. “Allison is coming to get me.” I informed them. “I could have drove you home you know.” Brayden said. The guys all looked at me with a grin. I shrugged. “It’s okay.”

            “Ping pong?” Hartsy asked me. I nodded excitedly. I put my phone on the table and ran over to the ping pong table to play. I was on the side facing the rest of the guys at the table, and saw Brayden reach for my phone. “Can I play a game?” He asked. “Sure.” “Well, I need your pass code.” “It’s 0321”. "Is that your birthday?” I shook my head. "Is it an anniversary with your boyfriend?" Giroux smiled while watching me get a ping pong paddle from nearby. Brayden just shrugged.

            I played ping pong with Hartsy, I won one, he won one, then he won again. “Better luck next time Chels.” He mocked. “Damn right!”. There was a knock on the door, and Matt went to go answer it. It was Allison, Matt invited her in. “Hey!” she exclaimed, running to hug me. All the excitement could only mean she had a spectacular time, and wanted to tell me about it. “Go ahead. Tell me.” She blabbed for a good twenty minutes about the rides with Mason, what they ordered, what they talked about, the exchanging of numbers, the kiss on the cheek he gave her, and all that other sappy clichéd stuff. I couldn’t help but laugh here and there.

            “Here’s your phone. I can’t play on it anymore. It’s frustrating.” Brayden handed me my phone, and Allison just stared at us. Waiting for something I suppose. “Thanks, I better get going guys.” I went over to hug Matt, Giroux, and then Hartnell. I turned to Brayden, who was waiting for his hug. I held my arms out, but he didn’t hug me. “Will you be at the game tomorrow?” He asked. “I have to be.” He hugged me, and Allison and I left.

            We got home, and she immediately asked about Brayden.  “So…Anything?” She asked.

“No, nothing happened. We didn’t do anything.”

“That isn’t what I meant, and you know it.”

“Alright, we chatted. Yes, I chatted with everyone.”

“Oh?”

“And I cooked dinner with him out on the porch. Kind of.”

“Kind of?”

“I more so just kept him company.”

“Oh.” She smiled.

            I got in the shower, and thought about the day. All the way up to moments before I left. Wait a second. I got out of the shower, dried up and put pajamas on. When I say pajamas, it was really just black sweatpants and a flyers t-shirt. My Matt Read one. Yes, I have quite a few player t-shirts. I walked in to my room, and looked at my phone. I unlocked it, went to my contacts. There he was. Brayden had put his number in my phone. I smiled, once again to myself. Do I text him? I decided it couldn’t hurt. Besides, then he’d have my number too right? Then he could text me if he wanted to talk.

~Hey Bray, its Chelsea. You’re not clever you know. But, just saying Goodnight!

~Well, you were supposed to find it.Goodnight Chelsea,I’ll see you tomorrow. (: