Rule Of Rose - The Little Princess (Part I)

March, 1930

                                                             The Little Princess (Part I)

Jennifer's shoulders slumped, where was she? When would she get out of there? Why did this area seem so... Farmilliar to her? Stifiling a quite sigh, she moved back to the bus stop where she used the light from the streetlamp to read through the book again. Each page had a single line of text and a childish, stickmen-like drawing to match.

             "Once upon a time, there was a precious little girl."  Below the text, this page had a picture of a girl sitting on what may be a chair.

             "Her friend, the Princess of the Red Rose, was always at her side." This page shows a little girl holding the hand of a taller girl who has wispy unshaded hair, while the little girl as black hair.

             "Then one day, her mummy and daddy died suddenly. The Princess, too, disappeared, leaving the girl all alone". This page's image shocked Jennifer, as she got a closer look she saw it was a blimp that’s on fire and crashing into the ground. There is an umbrella flying out behind the blimp and a little girl with a shadow that does not match her physique standing alone, far in the foreground. There seemed to be some other items falling out of the blimp but they were too small to even begin to interpret what they were.

              "And the poor little girl was sent away to a strange house." The final image was of the girl being dragged away by a shadowy man into some trees. There also appeared to be a castle or a rather large manor house in the background.

             The young girl, rather shaken and disturbed, flicked through some of the remaining pages. She was hoping, no, praying there was something there. Something good. Some sort of happy ending. But no, there was not, just still empty pages. She sighed at her foolishness, this was a child's project, she'd assumed, not some sort of magical book. Finally, closing the book and pulling it close to her chest, she peered around in the darkness.

                                             ------------------------------------------------- 

                                              Suddenly, the girl was all alone...

                       And so the story really begins; A mysterious, Unthinkable, Filthy tale.

However, the young girl Jennifer had no choice but to surrender to the unsettling predicament.

                                                   Oh. What an unlucky girl.

Taking one last look at the bus stop, the girl gathered her courage, setting off with quite unsure footing, following where the boy had run off to. She began walking down what seemed, in the darkness, like a neverending pathway that greeted her with a set of broken white picket gates. The pathway, similarly to the road, was lined with trees and other sorts of wildlife that seemed to be kept at bay by some more fences that lined each side.

             The path was fairly linear and was fair easy to follow and soon enough she'd reached the foot of a Strange Hill. The pathway still continued up a little way, until the girl reached a fork in the road, marked with a single sign between the two separating paths. One pathway splitting to continue up the hill and the other was shrouded in the shadow of the trees.