Chapter 11

Hera's P.O.V

I paced back and forth in my room with worry. When will they be back? Will they be back? How was Ezra?

Then I stopped when my baby started to cry. I walked over to the cradle and lifted Skyler out of her crib, then did some different things to calm her.

"Are you hungry?" I asked walking towards the kitchen. Then began to make some formula. Once the formula was done, I put it under some water to cool it down then tested it. Satisfied, I gave Sky her food and she took it great fully. I smiled a bit and went to the common room then sat on the couch.

That's when I felt the Ghost lurch a little and realized that my family was back. I stood and walked to the Phantom's doors. When it slid open, I was glad to see all of them in one piece expect the atmosphere felt thick.

"What's wrong?" I asked then saw Ezra clutching Kanan with fear in his eyes.

"I don't know what they did but it broke him mentally," Kanan told me.

"He's been like that for quite some time," Zeb added as Sabine listen led to the conversation.

I sighed and nodded understanding that Ezra was mentally tortured than physically.

"You guys go and rest," I ordered Sabine and Zeb. The two looked at me as if I were going crazy but one look got them going. I walked into the Phantom and sat on the other side of Ezra.

"Hey Ezra, do you want to feed, Skyler?" I asked softly. He turned his head a little to look at Sky then shuffled closer to the Jedi...like he was scared of her. Ezra shook his head 'no' then buried his face back into Kanan's chest.

   "Ok," I said worried when he wasn't talking.

   "Hera..." Kanan said getting my attention.

   "Yeah?" I asked worried that there was more troubling news that is yet to be shared.

   Kanan opened his mouth but no words came out like he was thinking on what to say next. "Ezra, can you show Hera your left hand?" Kanan asked his padawan.

   Ezra hesitated before slowly and shakily showed his hand. I gasped when seeing the middle and index fingers gone. Yet, the places where the fingers were are healed completely.

   Ezra subconsciously hid his hand and looked away in shame.

   I looked down to see Skyler finished her bottle so I set it down. I scotched closer to Ezra and gently rubbed his back. At first he flinched then melted into my touch.

   "I'm sorry you had to go through all that horrible stuff," I started softly. Kanan offered to take Skyler for a while so I could have some time with Ezra. He left the room with Sky in his arms and her bottle leaving just the two of us. Ezra wasn't a happy camper when Kanan left him but did nothing of the sort expect hug himself.

   I didn't think twice when wrapping Ezra into my arms. The only thing that was heard in the Phantom was Ezra's shaky breathing like he had been crying.

   "It's okay, you're back and we'll figure out how to help you try to ease the pain," I said.

   That's when arms wrapped around me and I smiled. This was a start and hopefully things will get better.

"I thought you weren't coming for m-me," Ezra said. I was glad that he was talking but saddened at his words. I ignored the damp feeling on my shoulder and spoke.

"Why wouldn't we? We are family and family never gets left behind," I said softly.

"I-I thought you were going to replace me w-with the baby cause I'm so much t-trouble. Then leave me alone again," he said.

My heart broke at his words. How long was he thinking of those kind of thoughts. This just made me pull him in closer.

"Never, I love you to much to let you go so easily," I told him.

   "I love you too," Ezra replied making me smile. I began to rub his back until soft snoring was heard. My eyes glanced down to see a sleeping boy in my arms. I gently laid him down then grabbed an emergency blanket from the Phantom's small storage. Then laid the blanket across Ezra as he peacefully slept.

   I combed my fingers through his hair and said my final words, "Sweet dreams, Ezra." I knelt down and kissed his cheek. Then I left the Phantom to go see how Kanan was doing with Skyler knowing that Ezra was going to be just fine.

Yet, there was still one thing to take care of.

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁