Chapter 1: Deep in the night

They lurk under the cloak of darkness, scouring the cities and countrysides, foraging. Waiting patiently for that opportune moment. All for the thick delectable, red fluid that consistently courses through our veins. From the moment their jagged fangs penetrate our soft flesh, it is instant ecstasy. Our bodies comparative to a juicy steak at it's most tender, marinated juices seeping from it's pores.

Julius was one of these beings. He waited tucked up highly in an oak tree. His hands and feet positioned like a tiger on a sturdy tree branch, hiding himself deep within the leafy branches, waiting for the perfect moment...Luring his prey in would be all too easy. He enjoyed using the element of suprise, frightening them and backing them up into a corner. Like a sick game of cat and mouse. He also thoroughly enjoyed toying with their emotions. Those delicate mortal emotions that made them so fragile, so...weak.

As soon as her flip flops tapped their way up the paved pathway through the park, he knew it was to be her. Fruity flavored body spray faintly covered her otherwise delicious scent. She walked quickly, with precision, lifting her knees and swinging her elbows back with every step. Why this young petite brunette was power walking under the moonlight wasn't something he thought much about. All he knew was that this wasn't a moment he was going to pass up. She proceeded down the path, past the oak tree where Julius was situated, her scent radiating off her body, leaving a trail behind her.

He strategically lept down from the tree branch, planting his feet near perfectly on the pavement, his hand helping to catch his fall. Startled, the girl immediately swung around, her expression confused. Squinting into the darkness trying to make out what had happened, she made out a rather statuesque young man. He looked as if he was slowly straighting himself up from a fall. He swiftly began approaching her, wearing a slight grin on his face, that was friendly yet menacing at the same time. The ends of his dark brown hair swept gracefully across his forehead. He wore a black blazer, that was neatly buttoned up his chest.

"H...Hello?" She murmured, still rather confused. "Who is that? ...". Julius kept approaching, nonchalantly, continuing to ignore her questions. The girl began backing away, almost stumbling backwards over a large stick. "Look I don't know what you want, but I don't have any mon-". Julius, now directly infront of her, gently lifted his index finger to his lips. Their eyes locked in on one another. The girl suddenly eased herself , her defenses melted away as she looked into his eyes, they were fierce with a hint of crimson hidden beneath the chocolate brown iris. Lifting his hand gently to her cheek, he leaned in as if to whisper in her ear. She closed her eyes, letting out a small breath.