one

I take out a cigarette and light it up as I leaned against the wall.

I wait and I wait and I wait. Who does this fucker think he is? Making me wait for this long? It's been hours.

Finally I see the door open up and he comes out, he approaches me and apologizes as he hands me the cash.

I take out the cigarette from my mouth and huff it out.

"Better be quicker than that next time Odin." I say to him as I put the cigarette back in my mouth and I walk away.

I put the money in my backpack and wave at him and as he does the same.

I run to my jeep and get inside, I lock the doors once I'm in and I take my cigarette and smash it in the small glass bowl filled with ashes along with the remaining white pieces of paper from recent ones.

I sigh and lean back against my seat, I close my eyes shut and remove my backpack as I toss it to the back of my car.

I turn on the radio and listen to some calming music as I start the jeep and I head to my job.

---

I walk out of the house with a tray of tea and I bring it to Ivory, the senior.

I sit down and I settle the tea on the coffee table and she smiles at me as I do the same.

I take a seat next to her as she sniffs the air with her cute nose.

She looks at me hesitantly and furrowing her brows and I sit there being silent as I crossed my arms.

"Molly, hun, why do you smoke?" She asked me.

The question fills my head. People say smoking is a bad habit, I know that, I do it for relieving myself.

"It's not that bad Ivory, it really isn't."

"That can ruin your lungs and you're only a young girl, do you know what the consequences are?"

I throw a nod at her, allowing her to continue.

"Death." She says.

That word hits me and I feel a panic inside me trying to occur as I curl my hands into a fist. My nails digging inside my skin but I didn't mind the pain.

She puts her hands on my arms and tries to undo them, she takes a look at my hand as I open them up.

Scars from my nails were visible, and new ones happen to appear.

She put my hands together as she covered mine with hers into her hands like a glove.

"I'm so sorry you have to go through this Molly, you don't deserve any of this."

She looks up at me when she said that, my eyes began to sting as I try to hold back the tears.

I sniffle and say, "I-I'm depressed, Ivory."

"We will get through this together honey, I promise." She tightens her grip on my hands and I wince.

She tries to get up from her chair and she manages to give me a warm hug.