twenty-four

Recap:
Catherine Rollins' POV

The screen went dark before we could see what happened next, but a gunshot could be heard before the connection ended.

I walked numbly into Steve's office. Settling into his chair, I looked up from his wooden desk to notice the others doing the same thing.

The tears flowed from my eyes faster than a waterfall. She's gone. One of the greatest people I know, is gone.
-----------------

Resume
Emily McGarrett's POV

"Seriously, Collins? You just had to bring them into this, didn't you?" I insist angrily.

"It wouldn't be fun if I didn't bring the whole party in."

"Why?" I ask.

"So that I can tell them why you came here today." My eyes widen at this response.

"Collins please stop."I plead him, but I know he will just tell them anyway.

"Well, Emily. I really would, but we have a deal, remember?" I groan and look down at my feet.

"I remember, Tommy." Before I have time to see what he is doing, I get a punch to the stomach, knocking the air out of my lungs.

"Alright. Now that the peanut gallery is quiet, I'll continue." He looks directly at the camera before speaking. "Emily here has made a deal with me. I will let your friend and her brother go, if he and the rest of you get to watch her die."

A few tears roll down my face as I hear him speak.

"Any last words?" I nod my head. "Go for it."

"Guys. I'm so sorry and I hope that's enough. Tell Mary and Aunt Deb that I love them. Danny, tell Grace that I'm sorry." I pause, looking over at my brother, who refused to look up at me. "Steve, will you look at me?"

He finally raises his head and makes eye contact. His eyes held so much pain that I let a tear slip down my face.

"I'm sorry. I love you." I smile halfheartedly. "Please move on, don't blame yourself for the rest of your life, it's exhausting." His eyes widen slightly.

"Em, please don't do this." It was the first time he had spoken since the camera was turned on. "Please." He sounded scared.

"I'll be with Josh." I said, a few tears flowing down my face as I think about it.

Collins punched him a few times, but he took all of it, and when he did stop, I was screaming at him.

"Collins!" His head whipped around to face me.

"Time's up sweetheart!" I smile halfheartedly to my brother before nodding to Collins.

"We have a deal."

"And I intend on keeping up my end of it." He pulls a gun from the back of his pants and points it directly at my head.

I close my eyes and begin to think about Josh. But, my thoughts were cut off when I hear a gunshot and feel wet droplets fly onto my face.

I reopen my eyes to see Gibbs standing in the doorway with Tony, McGee and Bishop behind him. I let out a sigh of relief before looking to the ground to see Collins with a bullet in his head.

Immediately, Tony is at my side, trying to remove the chains from my hands.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I nod.