Chapter 5

The metallic blade of the spear, hoping to bite into Roy Harper's flesh, instead scraped past his armored vest and instead clanged against the floor.

It only managed to nick a patch of Roy's shirt before gliding forwards, the shaft of the weapon missing Roy's midsection entirely before hitting the floor.

At the same time, Roy as he hit the floor retrieved one of the arrows, slung the quiver around his back, and knocked it back on his bowstring all in one fluid motion.

Javelin's mask slits bulged in shock as he realized that his weapon had not nailed its target, the brief moment of hesitation allowing Roy plenty of time to respond in kind.

So in shock and surprise was the criminal that he failed to register an arrow whistling past his cheekbone, nicking the fabric before piercing the wall directly behind him.

The cut quickly forming on his cheek caused a stinging sensation that finally broke him out of his haze, albeit too late.

By the time he came back to reality, Roy had already closed the distance between them and focused all of his momentum into an upwards swing of his bow towards Javelin's face.

Smacking him hard against his jawline, Roy followed up with another swing into Javelin's face that definitely rocked him backwards.

Grabbing onto his mask before lifting his front leg up, Roy planted his boot into Javelin's stomach and finally knocked him back into the wall while at the same time ripping away his mask.

The blonde locks of the now unmasked criminal flowed down his now bruised and battered face as he slumped back against the wall, a bloody and defiant snarl painted across his face.

But before he could retaliate, the same arrow protruding from the wall that Speedy had fired as a distraction suddenly exploded into a greenish cloud of anesthesia gas that quickly wrapped around his now unprotected face.

Instinctively breaking out into a violent coughing fit, his previously fighting spirit dissipated two involuntary huffs of the gas later. His body instantly slackened as the green gas enveloped his face entirely, and a second later his knees buckled followed by the rest of his body.

Collapsing facefirst to the floor, the anesthesia cloud hovered above him momentarily before disappearing in wisps.

Now with this Olympic-level threat neutralized, Speedy returned his attention to his current teammate in distress and nocked another arrow as the two Rogues slowly approached the still downed Kid Flash.

"Any last words, kid?" Snart gloated viscously, smiling from corner to corner as he looked down at the teenager now struggling to get up.

The two were now standing shoulder to shoulder in apparent victory over the speedster, their weapons trained on him with fingers at the trigger.

"Yeah, anything you want us to put on your tombstone?" Mick growled irritably.

Despite his current predicament, Wally couldn't help but break into a smile as he glowered up at the two super criminals. "Yeah...you guys...still suck."

"Charming. Mick, you do the honors," Snart sighed, wanting to get this over with.

The insane glint in his eyes only intensified as his finger wrapped around the trigger. "With plea-"

Mick's sadistic glee was suddenly cut short by a clawed arrowhead suddenly clasping around his outstretched gun arm, before quickly wrenching backwards towards Snart.

Snart was certainly caught off guard when Mick's right forearm flew back against his will, smacking him in the mouth with the muzzle of his flamethrower in the process.