Prompt 1a : Stormy Beginnings

This is only the first chapter of this prompt. More chapters will come! ^u^ Hope you guys enjoy!!

Credit for some ideas goes to the story "A Troll Epic (To Be or Not To Be)" : http://archiveofourown.org/works/9942713/chapters/22255847

Trolls belongs to Dreamworks and any other companies.

Prompt : What happens to Branch and all the trolls if Poppy didn't "borrow" Branch's bunker?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"See ya in ten years." Branch said coolly, waving at the future queen of the Trolls.

He watched as Poppy went up and out of his bunker as she went further up his smart-ass smile fell. He sighed and turned around. So many thoughts were plaguing his mind...

'What if Poppy gets eaten?' 'What if you could have saved her friends?' 'What if...' 'What if...' 'What if...'

Branch shouted at him mind to stop. "WHAT IF! WHAT IF! WHAT IF! WHAT IF, I DON'T CARE!! I MADE MY DECISION AND IM STICKING WITH IT!!"

Branch was breathing heavily after his internal battle and sighed once again looking around his bunker. Ten years of exactly what he wanted.....silence......but now what?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Poppy couldn't believe that Branch was just going to abandon THEIR friends! She was feeling something she hadn't before...what was it called? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. She put her finger up in an 'ah-hah!' Moment and said out loud on accident.

"Hatred and Annoyance!" He voice came out as a sarcastic happy that she didn't notice.

She walked back to where all the other trolls were and put a smile on her face, as she was their princess. She approached her father.

"Get all the Trolls somewhere safe dad..." her voice was kind but demanding but there was an edge to it.

Her father nodded and started to move to talk to everyone, he shot her a worried glance before starting to give out instructions. Poppy ignored her father and walked as happily as she could to her pod.

The moment the door swirled shut Poppy fell to her knees and cried. She had never cried like this before. She didn't understand. She was confused. She was upset. She was...She was...angry!

Her tears fell harder and she didn't realize as her hair turned black and her skin turned a dark shade of gray. The only sign of her being pink was her hug time bracelet.

*Ding*

Hug time....

Poppy...she didn't hug anyone...

All her friends could be dead now...

She could do nothing...

Just cry and...hate...

...hate the troll that had been so cruel as to just let thei- her....her friends die...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Branch wiped his face as he turned off his self-made treadmill. Satisfied with today's work out, he decided to grab himself lunch.

He went into his small kitchen. He didn't need too much room for food prep. He used the extra space for more important things.

He went into his cabinets and pulled out the berries he picked a bit ago to find them perfectly ripe. Content he walked out of the kitchen and sat down at his desk a little bit away so the juice from the berry didn't drip on his work.

He had been doing a study on Trolls actually. Crazy as you may find it there were many many books concerning trolls. Other tribes that exists somewhere.

A tribe of warriors grabbed his attention most of the time. The first Trolls born from the mother tree.

Inside on of his research books there was a small section about the...'four stages of a troll'. It didn't say much but to simply put it :

Colored - normal. Happy. Content.

White - when a troll has lost all hope of anything this stage leads them to death

Grey - no happiness. Nothing...

Black - so filled with anger and hate you'll do anything to hurt the person who hurt you.

This concept intrigued Branch because he himself was grey. Branch shrugged as he finished off his berry. Guess he'd have to discontinue this project. He'd have no......he hated to say.....test subjects... Since everyone will be gone...

The thoughts came back...

What if...

What if...

What if...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Poppy had fallen asleep in the middle of her pod. No one had come looking for her in the chaos. Her dad was so caught up in the evacuation he didn't look for her either.

Poppy pushed herself up off the ground. He head hurt and eyes burned. 

She made her way to her cute kitchen and made herself a jelly sandwich like she did everyday but something wasn't right but she couldn't place it.

She sat down at her hot pink table with half opened eyes and ate her sandwich. She didn't understand why she was feeling unsure. Then she remembered her anger. She crushed a part of her sandwich to where it was squishing through her fist.

Poppy rolled her eyes and sighed walking to her sink. She threw the rest of the sandwich away and turned the water on.

She put her hands under the water and as she looked at them her eyes shot open.

She was gray!!!

But...it was...different. It was darker than the other gray troll she knows. She growled when she thought of him. She didn't know whyy--...wait...yes she does....

She knows exactly why she hates him.

An evil smile spread across her face.

She'd make him regret it.