It'll Get Better- One Day.

"Mami it hurts," Daisy cried, clutching onto her stomach in the middle of the hospital room.

She tried to be strong, for the sake of her little brother, but she couldn't.

The chemo used to kill her disease just made her worse.

"I know baby but it will get better soon I promise."

"I don't want to stay here." Daisy sobbed, "I'm supposed to be traveling Europe or something...not locked in here."

Daisy was now 26 years old with a diploma in Law School, for she graduated to Yale University last spring.

"I'm so sorry baby. Do you want me to get the doctor?"

"He's not going to do anything," her voice croaked in pain.

Hot tears streamed down her face, burning slightly as they brewed in her pretty green eyes.

"D are you okay?" Zamir, her little brother, asked.

He was now 8 years old and completely devoted to his big sister.

Before Daisy's diagnosis, Zamir used to annoy her every chance he got but once he realized her condition was life threatening, he stopped.

Now he was sweet and delicate with his big sister, he did anything he could to help her and showered her with affection, knowing every visit could possibly be his last.

"I'm fine, Zamir..go to the cafeteria, you must be starving." Daisy said thoughtfully.

"Can you come with?"

"Sure let me just-" Daisy got her walking stick and slowly got up from the reclined hospital bed, wincing in pain once she did.

"Daisy are you sure?"

"Of course, mum."

Daisy wore a white hospital gown that clutched onto her thin figure, socks on her feet.

Her hair was down and she looked like a mess but she didn't care-she was sick so who would possibly try to impress?

They walked down the end of the hall, hand in hand before entering the elevator and pressing the star level where the cafeteria was.

"What do want to eat, D?" Zamir asked once she sat down in a cool metal chair.

"Nothing..I'll just throw it up." Daisy said sadly, picking at her black nail polish.

Zamir nodded and kissed Daisy's forehead before walking into the cafeteria.

Daisy watched as the birds flew freely in the cold New York wind, wondering why she couldn't be like one of them.

Daisy had always been a sickly girl, ever since she was young.

But she never expected an ailment of this magnitude.

She had lupus and as a result was in constant bed rest, medicine and solitude.

"Hey are you alright?" A stranger asked, staring at Daisy from across the other side of the hall.

"No, I'm dying." She says sarcastically, wiping a tear away from her face.

"I'm sure they'll take care of you..I'm Niall. What's your name?"

"You don't want to get involved with me. You'll just get screwed over."

"Who says?"

"Daisy."

"Well, Daisy, I would be honored get screwed over by you."

Daisy looked up when she heard the sound of his laugh.

It was rare, seeing someone laugh in a hospital ward for the terminally ill.

What was even more rare, however, were his eyes.

They were a series of alluring shades of blue.

Beautiful and vast, like the sea.

"You have the Horan Watch 12?" Daisy asks curiously.

She had never seen one in person.

"Yeah. Cool, isn't it?"

It was more then cool, and Daisy was freaking out but she couldn't let him know that.

The Horan Watch 12 had voice, facial, finger and breathing pace recognition, hologramic facetimes, and connected to any car-meaning you could drive a car to any destination by the press of a button.

It was its own kind of Uber.

The Horan Watch 12 also wasn't out until next year, so Daisy wondered how he got it.

"Very...." Daisy stared a the golden device, inching closer and closer to him.

So close she didn't even notice their faces were merely two inches apart and that her brother was by the elevator, waving at her.

"W-well it was nice meeting you but I gotta go..so.... Bye!" She stood up too quickly, wincing at the pain.

"Daisy be careful-" he grabbed onto her wrist, making her frown.

She didn't like how easily he could grab her.

She didn't like how weak she had become.

"No I'm fine. Good bye Niall." Daisy said, walking out of the lobby and into the elevator.

"Who was that?" Zamir asks, the infamous protection gene cultivating his young body.

"Just a boy.. what? I'm not allowed to talk to boys?" Daisy asks, ruffling his hair in a head lock.

"Yeah, just the band geek ones."

"Shut up, Mr. Quarterback." Daisy teased, hugging her little brother tightly.

She loved him more than life.