Stargazing - Starmora

Peter's POV

I don't remember exactly how Gamora got me to agree to go back to Earth but somehow I'm in Missouri, in my childhood home, that she somehow got my grandparents to let us borrow for the week. That woman can do anything, it's incredible.

I breathe heavily as I walk up to my old room. I feel Gamora's presence behind me, the rest of our team has, thankfully, decided that Missouri has got to be one of the most boring places on Terra and said they'd pick us up at the end of the week and decided that they'd be in Vegas. We'll be lucky if there is even a single unit left by the time they pick us up.

My room is different from how I remember it. More vibrant and colourful, but the same pictures, constellations and space-related stuff. I was so lost in my thoughts, I barely noticed Gamora pick up a framed photograph I had on my desk.

"Your mom was beautiful." She said quietly, I smiled sadly and nodded,

"Yeah, she was." I said, Gamora wrapped her arm around me. I looked at her and smiled.

"Cmon, I wanna show you something." I said taking her hand, she gave me a look of suspicion but I just smirked at her

"Quilllllllll where are we going?" She said, laughing slightly as I picked her up and carried her down the stairs. I lead her outside and laid her down on the grass, she gave me a look of confusion

"What are we doing here, Peter?" She asked, I smiled and turned to face her.

"When I was a kid, my mom would always take me out here to look at the stars." I said, intertwining our hands. "She would always tell me about the constellations and planets. I guess that's why I was so interested in space." She smiled.

"And now you live in space. She'd be so proud of you." She said, I smiled.

"My mom would've loved you." I said, "you guys would've gotten along really well." I said, a tear rolled down my cheek.

"My parents would've loved you too." She said, wiping my tear away. "This really is beautiful." She said, looking back at the stars.

"Yeah. Up there is Aquarius, and over there is Orion and see those stars that look like a big spoon? That's the Big Dipper." I said

"Those are really weird names for a bunch of stars." She said, I laughed

"Yeah, I guess they are." I said. "Thank you."

"For what?" She asked.

"For bringing me here." I said.

"Thank you, for letting me." She said.

-------------------------------------------------------
Sorry it's so short lol. I hope you liked it! Please comment requests for one shots!