|| Prologue||

"You're late, again."

"I know. I'm sorry."

Miss Mandy never really liked it when I came around. She said she disliked everything about me. I never knew what started her hatred for me, but she couldn't hate me that much. I would've been kicked out of the library years ago if she did.

"Aren't ya suppose to be at school?"

"I still got a few time left."

I walked away from the check out desk, maybe she needs a little peace and quiet right now. I walked over to one of the shelves. Nonfiction. I started skimming though when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and almost screamed.

Marshell.

"What are you doing here?"  I asked.

It was quite a sight to see Marshell, the baddest boy in town, at a library. But something had to be up, otherwise he wouldn't even think of being here.

Miss Mandy saw Marshell and glared at him. It was bad enough that she disliked me, so she definitely didn't like Marshell.

"What the hell are ya doing here boy?"

"None of you buisness,lady."

"You damn right it's my buisness! You're in my library! And leave that girl alone!"

Hearing Miss Mandy say that would've made my day, if only it wasn't Marshell. I looked at Miss Mandy to reassure her, but she looked doubtful.

"It's alright Miss Mandy. I gotta go anyways."

I left the library with Marshell. As we stepped out, I saw his blue Ford Ranger parked along the side-walk. I turned to Marshell, his hand was still on my shoulder. Something felt off. And not the good kind.

"Marsh, what's happening?"

"We're gonna go over to my place."

"Why?"

He didn't say anything as he pushed me into the car. When he got into the driver's seat, he looked over at me.

"Your brother wants to talk to you."

I did not need this right now. I looked over at Marshell. He knew how I was feeling right now. But I know he would pick my brother's side over mine. He practically considered my brother his brother.

"I can't go, Marshell."

"You haven't seen him since he came back..."

He did have a point there.

"I can't...I have to go to school."

"Alright then, I'll pick you up after school then."

I know I wasn't gonna get out this either way. I could only nod. As we made it the school. I noticed there weren't that many people outside. The bell must've rung already.

I entered the school amand looked the big clock at the center of the wall.

9:15

"Damn."

| I know it's short, but all the chapters are going to be intented to be short. |