LOST SOULS

My parents had a dark secret. My friends thought I was hiding. My siblings were there with me. We were locked in a shed that only just 4. There was me, Amy Marybeth, my little sis, Lucy, who is only 10, our younger sister, Britney, 8, and Katie, 5. I was only 15 but I have to act like a mother to my sisters. We were there for ten days. The man that took us was doing mean things to us, thing that only I out of the four of us know about. The others are too young to know, but I want to be the one to tell them when their older. But we had other things to worry about.

CHAPTER 1

The man stopped only about a foot away from the shed door. I could hear him talking to someone. “Today I am taking the blonde and you can take the smallest one.” He grumbles.

I felt Katie shake beside me. I felt ok because I was old enough to defend myself and my sisters if they are with me but when we’re separated I can’t do anything. I grabbed Katie’s’ shoulders and pull her towards me. By this time she was crying silent sobs.

I whisper to her; “Don’t worry Kate. Ok? Everything is going to be alright. We WILL get out of here. TOGETHER.”

At that moment I heard the man, whose name was James, say to the other guy, whose name I think was Kava;

“Go get the rooms ready while I get the girls out.”

I heard footsteps disappearing into the distance and the shed door open.

James grabbed me and threw me into the garden. Thank god I didn’t hurt myself. He then grabbed Katie and threw her into the garden as well. She wasn’t as lucky. She landed wrong on her ankle and it looked like she had hurt it badly. At least she listened to my advice and did not cry she just shook it off. Kava came back and took Katie.

I yell to her “Be good Katie.”

“Shut up.” James growls to me.

He took me to a room at the back of the house and locked the door after him. The room was entirely empty. There was no clue of knowing what is going to happen next. I turned around and James was staring at me with a huge, scary blood-shot eyes.

When I got back to the shed, Katie was already there looking flustered and tired. Her eyes were red like she had been crying for the entire day. James pushed me into the shed and I had to jump to avoid landing on Lucy. Kava and James laughed a cruel laugh then slammed the door shut. The only sound we heard was lock click and the footsteps fade. After a few minutes of silence, Kate began to sob. “Katie?” I asked. “What’s wrong?”

“I, I miss mummy.” She replies.

“Of course you do. You are only 5 years old.”

I set her head down on my lap and began to sing a slow, soft lullaby. Within 5 minutes she was asleep.

“Amy?” Lucy ask.

“Yes Luc?”

“Can I sleep on you?”

“Of course you can.”

Soon I had all three of them on me, fast asleep. I leaned back and rested my head on the shed wall and soon I was also asleep.

I was running through a field of wheat holding Katie in my arms and Brit and Lucy running alongside me. Kava was running behind us with a sharp knife. Lucy tripped over and grabbed me as she went. We all come down in a heap on the floor. I turned around on the ground and saw Kava laugh then stab Lucy in the chest. He then moved to Kate and then Brit. He saved me for last. The knife came down in a blur and the last thing I heard was a high pitched scream.

“AURGHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

I shot up and looked around. It was Just a dream. It was just a dream. I suddenly remembered where I was.