DIY TATTOOS

"alright, class, take your assigned seats" The teacher says, The second class of the day

Tess feels the draft from Justin sitting in the desk next to hers. "I immediately regret scheduling our classes together"

"oh come on it's not so bad" Justin says, "we are great together"

Tess rolls her eyes, Before she can respond the teacher cuts her off, "okay, we are going to look at different phases of mitosis" The teacher explains.

"I'll grab the telescope" Justin says, standing up from his seat. And going to the back of the room to grab the supplies for the lab.

He sits down and they work together, exchanging quiet remarks towards the lab. "Any plans for the summer?" Justin asks, as he glances at her while they work on their lab notes.

She shrugs, "Not really, just working."

"So you're not going to get blackout wasted in Maui with the rest of the senior class?" He asks, changing the slides again.

"No, I'm saving up for college." Tess says, "and I'm still technically grounded for the tattoo"

Justin laughs, "oh god those tattoos."

Tess can't help but laugh, remembering siting in Justin's room giving each other DIY tattoos that ended up getting infected.

She lifts her shirt to reveal the little J located right under her bra wire. "So your parents never made you get it removed?"

"Nope, they said if I wanted it gone i would have to pay for it myself." Tess shrugs and lets her shirt drop back to her figure. "It's more of a reminder of my mistakes."

"Me?" Justin asks. Tess doesn't answer, "So are you going to? Remove it?" Justin asks, secretly hoping she'll say no.

"Probably not, too expensive and not worth the pain. Plus it's hidden." Tess admits, "what about you?"

"Nah, I don't regret this one bit" Justin's says, pushing up his sleeve slightly to reveal a little T on his bicep.

"You will when your future wife asks you about it." Tess points out, Justin shrugs. "just like I will, when my husband does."

Tess sits up, and undoes the messy bun on the top of her head, and let's all the brown fall down her shoulders.

Justin picks up a strand, "you can still see the bleach." He notes, picking up a strand of damaged hair.

"Yeah, my parents weren't to pleased when I came home at midnight with pastel purple hair." Tess says, Justin thinks back to the day they were bored in Walmart and bought four boxes of hair dye. They went back to his house and bleached Tess' perfect brown hair and slathered it with purple dye.

"Yeah, you used to wear your hair in a ponytail everyday. And wore those hipster glasses, the ones with the lenses that were too big for your face."

Tess laughs, remembering how dorky she was before Justin. "It just seems like so long ago"