Chapter 5 - The Beginning To An End

Lunging herself at a heavily busy area of cars, Jane began sliding over bumpers, moving ever so slightly between the gaps of cars and pushing past other civilians who'd left their cars to sit along side the roads. I'd had idea maybe Jane was opting to get across the motorway for an old wood on the opposing side of the manic driveway. And while the herd of decaying dead people catching up we had to make huge progression in movement before coming food.

Closer and closer to the living greenery, until we hit a stop... to where Jane pounded forcefully on a camper-van window, and while she had a spring in her step and bounced her feet over to the outside compartment to meet the owner to the vehicle. She'd pulled down her fluffy, baggy jumper before shaking her head side to side and looking up at the door. To where it opened quite swiftly, and at the top of the oaky dark stairs to see an older woman, with dark hair and a thin body shape. She was average height and I inferred she was in her late fourties/early fifties? But I couldn't be sure.

She opened her mouth and out slipped her speech: ''Can I help?''

The wiser woman didn't seem too alarming, she had a slightly deeper voice to Jane, however it was still smooth and soft. Jane eventually replied to the woman, and with her I confident nature and the fact her heart was in her throats when speaking showed us this, she replied:

''Sorry to bother, could we hitch a ride?'' She seemed more calmed now, but she still seemed unsettled.

The woman glanced.

The glance turned into a short glare and after a long while of thought and consideration she moved her arm back, and a smile came to her face to then have replied with:

''With the world ending, circumstances and all, I wouldn't mind company''

Jane smiled too and allowed Ada to step in before her, to then soon follow. Molly almost went in, until I stopped her to where she turned with a confusion slapped across her face, in which I asked: ''do you trust them, kiddo?''

She didn't reply immediately, however she just raised her head and put a smile to the side of her mouth. Which I assumed was a yes. She picked her luggage and moved onto the little motor home.

Gripping my fingers in my hair and turning my head, just to think about the day I'd being facing, I wanted to acknowledge and understand the new world, and I wanted to just pray Ina brighter future, also though... did I follow Molly's instinct into trusting these people?

And while I slid my finger back out my hair, I looked up and saw at least six times the amount of biters heading our way, and we needed to move! They began attacking families and people along our enter route releasing agonising screams and depressing cries for help. Thus' causing a daunting feeling amongst me, reframing me back to the beginning being worried, jumpy and distraught, all feelings from seeing innocent people having the power of death at there feet, I didn't want to see me like those people. I slipped into the van and pointed straight at the herd as they only getting nearer, no one noticed until the older lady screamed, no words just a release of noise. Molly ran for the door and pulled it closed, and we all helped grab hold. And in minutes the herd began with a single thud turning into constant thudding at the side of the van, and as the strength of the pushing for more we all began falling from the door, onto the floor and now exposed. And then an all mighty attack from the right perimeter send the whole van over and all of us flying along with it.

Was this the end?

This is the beginning to an end, and this is the new world.