Chapter 3- Doing Close Combat with a Trainer

Your POV

The alarm clock rang at 8:00 am today as I yawn to sit up. My hair is messed up a little when I was sleeping. I get out of the bed to head to the bathroom with some comfortable clothing for my combat training today. I grab the comb and brush my hair neatly before I change and then tied my hair up to a medium ponytail with few hair clips. This time, I only clip my bangs for today's training.

I got out of the bathroom after I'm done with everything, I grab a quick breakfast from the toaster and head on out. I decided to eat a toast for today because the servant is a bit busy right now. I continue to eat the toast till I head to the training room that I'm supposed to be at and I managed to finish eating my breakfast. I open the door and walked in before I close the door behind me. My trainer supposed to be here, but I don't see him or her around.

"You're Y/F/N, am I right?," a voice said. I look at the direction that I just heard and the figure walk out of the shadows. "I'm Fiona and I'll be your trainer for close combat," she said with a smile. I've never met another lady like me as my trainer. I'm going to guess that the General must've hired her for a secret training with me. At least that there's no male trainer for me to work with. I don't know about her personality and such, but I hope that she's nice instead of a mean person.

"Come. We shall begin our combat training." I walk up to the platform and she walk up next to me. I'm a bit nervous if something is gonna happen if I made a mistake. "Okay, before we start, we need to wear safety items." She hand me a hand wrap as I watch her wrap her hands with the wrapper before I do mines. "Now, I'm going to show you how to block an attack from an enemy. There are few types of blocking so that you can protect yourself. All of them are basic and easy to do." I hope that she's right or else that I'm pulling my hair like crazy.

She prepared herself to a self defense position at ease while I'm on the opposite side. "So, if your enemy is attacking you from behind, you had to grab their hand, turn around, and twist their arm onto their back before pinning one of them down on the ground. Let's pretend that you're the enemy and you attack me from behind, I would do that." Fiona turn around and I attack her from behind as she grab my hand and twist my arm right behind me before pinning me down. *Ouch...!!* I thought. She then gets off of me as I sit up, moving my right arm.

"Now, I want you to try it. I'm going to be your enemy and you will do the same move as I did." I nod as I face the opposite side while Fiona is getting ready. She quietly charged at me as I grab her right hand, twist her arm, and pin her down with my knee. She smiles,"You did well. I'm impressed." I let go of her and she sat up to relax her arm. "We will continue to practice this few more times for you to get use to it." We continue to do it at least 5 to 6 rounds before moving on.

"Next defense is that if your enemy is carrying a knife or a pistol near you, you had to disarm him as quickly as you can before he harms you. I'll show you how it's done. I want you to take out your pistol for me." I took out my gun and point at her. What Fiona did was grabbing my gun, quickly disarm me, and point my pistol at me. That move was pretty fast and possibly the quickest way to disarm someone. "So... that's how I disarm him?," I ask. She nod,"Indeed. This defense needs to be quick and agile in order to disarm a person.

If you don't do it fast enough, you will be killed right there on point. This move can be used as a defense with a person that is carrying a knife. So, remind that when you're in the battlefield. Now it's your turn to do it." I nod as she point my gun at me and I did the same move as she did seconds ago. "Good, good. Do it a couple more times." I did it a couple more times and I did it really well. Fiona smile,"Wow. You did really good. I'm very proud of you, Y/F/N." I nod,"Thank you, Fiona." She handed back my gun and I put it back to my waist.