Prologue

Arthur Kirkland held his head high as he walked down the hallways. The servants greeted him and he politely greeted them back with a soft smile. They walk passed him and went on to their daily routines in the castle.

He dropped his smile as fast as a Cheetah sprint when the servants went out from his sight. His elder brother, Allistor had came over from Stonehenge just to send him a message.

A message from her Majesty.

His brothers were scattered around the land, aiding their army to fight away the French from their borders. They will let the French take over the land.

Arthur make a quick turn on the left and a wooden was his greetings. He raised his right hand and gently knocked the door before entering the room.

"Enter." The voice of his father, Lord Kirkland ordered him to step foot into the study room. With that, Arthur listen.

The Queen was sitting on the other end of the table, his elder brother, Allistor and his father were waiting for him. "Afternoon, your majesty." He look over to the other side of the table. "Father, brother."

"Good afternoon, Arthur." The Queen smiled, giving a wave of calmness to everyone in the room. "Do you know why I have summon you from the barracks?"

Lord Kirkland studied his youngest son, while his eldest was leaning towards the table, books were misplaced and they were wide open. Awaiting for a reader to come forth and read its contents.

"I understand why, your majesty." Arthur had read the letter. Twice to make sure he was reading from the real Queen than a fake forged letter. Thrice to make sure that he wasn't dreaming.

"Very well." The Queen nod her head and raised her left arm, gesturing someone to come forth.

Allistor glanced over the book and shake his head to Arthur. He read the message from Allistor.

Someone step into the light, from the dark corner of the room. An old man who wore robes that were resembled the infamous sorcerer.

"Merlin, would you kindly do what I have told you?" The old man nodded. He gave a bow to the Queen. He had taken a short glance to see which was is Sir Arthur.

His gaze landed on the other Knight that was standing in front of the door. "I understand, your Highness." The two Knights were closer to the Queen. It makes sense in his mind.

Merlin got up from his bow and slowly make his way to the Knight. Allistor and Lord Kirkland watched as the sorcerer begun his approach to the youngest Kirkland.

"Don't worry, son. I have friends in the other time," The old man said, his arms are placed behind his back while he circled Arthur. "They will take care of you as you take care of her highness. If you're thinking about this one." He stopped. "You're wrong." He was behind Arthur.

His hands had make their way around his shoulders and they had a firm grip. "Before I start, make sure that you had brought your knapsack."

Arthur raised an eyebrow. Merlin read his expression and let out a small sigh.

"Nevermind. Shall we begin?"

Lord Kirkland sent Arthur a look, a look that the Kirkland sons know. Good luck out there. Their mother had told them why. As for Allistor, he gave Arthur a small smirk. If the Queen wasn't in the room, he would rolled his eyes at Allistor's behaviour.

Merlin took Arthur's silent as a yes. "Great!" The old man left his hands from the shoulder. He folded the sleeves, because they were long and distracting.

The sorcerer mumbled incoherent words, his hands were lighting up with various colours. Arthur braced when a trail of ashen gray smoke engulfed him and his entire body.

His duty was to protect the Queen in the future year. Sounds ridiculous for a Knight like him but he has to perform it.

Whether he likes it or not.

In his mind, he hopes that the future Queen will be selfless and brave.