1st Chapter

It was a sunny morning in Seoul, Korea on the first day of classes, and there were three equally (two, really) sunny girls walking through a shortcut on the way to school. All of them were joking, laughing, and generally having a good time together.

"Aaaahhh, my lovelife is such a failure," one sniffed pitifully. She twirled a strand of her black hair, her slanted eyes blinking. "Hey, you have a lot of guys chasing after you, Mayumi!" one snapped, scoffing.  

"But none of them don't seem like THE ONE, you know?" Mayumi whined. "Don't worry, you'll find someone," their nicer friend giggled cutely. Her soft, angelic features suited her calm voice perfectly.

"I won't get someone nearly as nice as Myung Oppa, you know!"

"He's like an older brother okay! Nothing more!" but the lass looked away with burning cheeks as she said that, obviously lying. 

"Yeah, Sacchan Unnie, you go tell yourself that"

"Well I don't see you giving a crap about love, Jea!" Mayumi complained.

"THAT, is because I do not like boys, although Jiyong Oppa is nice, and I am NOT looking for love, or anything to distract me from getting that beautiful Cum Laude title," the short-tempered girl snorted. She scunched up her nose and ruffled her shoulder-length hair.

They were in front of the school by then. They said their goodbyes, and promising to meet each other at lunch like usual (with, of course Jiyong and Myungsoo), they parted ways to their classes.

The bell rang.

After school...

"AAHHH, WHAT A TIRING DAY!" Mayumi groaned, arching her back. "Makes me regret not going to school with a bike!"

"Need you shout, you annoying brat?" Jea spat, pushing Mayumi. The latter pouted, "Oh come on! Lighten up!"

"Sacchan Eonnniiiii!!!!" Both girls cried after bickering.

No response.

"What the--" the girls looked at each other and hastily retraced their steps. They let out a sigh of relief when they found their beloved best friend, crouching near a box and looking like she was crying.

Once the two younger ones realized that they rushed to her. "What's wrong?!" Mayumi asked frantically while Jea hugged the older girl. 

"L-look at these kittens!" She sobbed, "S-so young and y-yet abandoned already!" she hiccuped.

"C-cats?" Jea suddenly stood up with a grim expression, backing away. "We've got to take them in and get them checked up!!! There are three, just please, we'll get one each. I can't even take care of two! We can give them away once they're cared for!" she begged them.

Mayumi had no problem with this. "Oh, eonni..." she sighed. She caught the brown staring up at her cutely, tilting its head. She smiled and picked it up. It mewled in surprise, but quickly snuggled into Mayumi's warmth.

"You know how Jea feels about cats..."

"Jea....Can you do this favor...For me, PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP?" Sacchan pleaded adorably, pouting. Jea looked away uncomfortably, "Don't do that to me unnie"

Sacchan ignored her and kept using aegyo, knowing it was Jea's weakness.

"FINE! IF I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS I'M BLAMING YOU TWO!" Jea finally surrendered, holding her hands up. "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" Sacchan hugged the girl at the same time Mayumi asked why she was going to be blamed as well. "Bleh, cats," she muttered, picking one up randomly. The cat hissed, annoyed with her rough grasp. "What's your problem?!" she narrowed her eyes at the kitten.

"Mrow!" it seemed to gesture at her hand. "Shut up," Jea growled, plopping it into her pocket. It poked its head out and if it it could, it would have pouted. Why couldn't he have someone like Mayumi to take care of him?

"Guess you're left, you cutie!" Sam squealed, cuddling the orange furball tenderly. It was the one that had called her attention and led her to the box. "I should name you...V! As in Victory!" She giggled, delighted with her idea. "V" seemed to like it and licked her hand gingerly. "Awww," she cooed, petting him immediately. He purred, pleased. 

"Ugh, don't expect me to do that to you, you may be as soft as marshmallow, but...just no," Jea shuddered. If he could roll his eyes, he would have. He wasn't expecting his new owner to even imagine that, judging the way she had treated him.

Meanwhile, Mayumi seemed to be infatuated with the brown kitten. "You are like a human being," she smiled warmly and cradled him. "But you know, I love cookies. You look like one. Good enough to eat," she teased, laughing a bit. The cat sighed in content.

All three had their secrets. Each had a story to tell.

 --------------------------------------------------------

Jea's POV

Jea sighed and threw her bag somewhere near the door of the condo she shared with Mayumi. She ran to her bed and jumped on it, not expecting the "MROW!" as she bounced on her comfortable mattress.

"AAAAHHHHH!!!" she screamed, running out of her room and into Mayumi's. She slammed the door open and hid behind the girl, who was unfortunately dressing into comfortable clothes. "HEY, DO YOU MIND?!" Mayumi shrieked. "MAY PUSA MAYUMI!!!! MAY PUSSAAAA!!!" Jea screamed in her mother tongue, scared shitless. "GAGA!" Mayumi shook the latter, looking like she wanted to throw her out the window. "MAY DALAWANG PUSA DITO! MALAMANG MAY GINAWA KA NANAMAN SA MARSHMALLOW MO NA YAN!" she pointed to Jea's pocket.

The black cat hissed angrily, glaring at his owner as best as he could.

"Ohhh....Riiiight," Jea smiled sheepishly. "By the way, where'd you put the cookie-colored one?"

"Go find him and get out of my room! Pervert!" Mayumi shoved her friend out the door. "Not like there's anything to see!"

"I hate you!"

"Love you too!" Jea snickered. "Now, where'd she put that Kookie..." she muttered. "Mmeeooowww!!" Marshmallow complained angrily. "WHAT?" 

"Mrow!" his paw pointed to Kookie, who was peacefully lapping up a saucer of milk. "Why that little...." the girl felt her blood boil. "THAT WAS MY SAUCER!" she yelled at Mayumi. "I'LL PAY IT BACK. IT'S FOR KOOKIE AND MARSHMALLOW ANYWAY!"

"Mrowwww," the black kitten complained, wanting milk as well. Kookie seemed to smile angelically (if that was even possible).

"I hate you both," Jea grumbled. She harshly place the black kitten down and walked away, wanting to take a shower.

If the black cat could scoff, he would have.

"JEA, DO ME A FAVOR AND FEED THE CATS!" a bag of cat food was thrown at her head. "OW!! WHY CAN'T YOU DO IT YOURSELF?!"

"I have a date!"

"And you say you have no love life," Jea rolled her eyes. "WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT THE FOOD IN?"

"GET YOUR SAUCER!"

Jea sighed and obeyed as Mayumi flew out of the door. "Oh, annyeong Yoseob Oppa!" she heard her say before closing the door.

Meanwhile at Sacchan's dorm...

"OH.MY.GOD"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!