Chapter 5

The days went by and we were closer than ever before. I learned everyone’s combat types during training, too.

    Let me elaborate. Fairies and wizards come in three diverse combat types consisting of blast, hand-to-hand combat and weapon. Only these types of combat can be used to harm or injure any magical being along with the magic you can use. A blast type is able to shoot a blast of their magic using any part of the body as a median. A weapon type can summon a weapon just out of thin air which can be either basic or more powerful ones that coincide with your magic type. Finally, there are hand-to-hand combat skills which are enhanced by using your magic essence to attack your target.

    The Academy only accepts one of the rarer types of fairies and wizards. These types are ones who can do two types of combat or what is thought to be even rarer, those who can use all three. To have only one combat type and be accepted means you’d have to be a prodigy. I fall in the category of the rarest who are able to do all three combat types. Only a maximum of five people out of every fifty centuries have that ability.

    I read the paper that I wrote it all down on:

Alexander: all three

Lumina; weapon and hand-to-hand combat

Zachary: blast and weapon

Rich: weapon and hand-to-hand

Kirthi (newly found): blast and hand-to-hand

Ha ha, I have all three and somehow my partner got all three, too. That’s so cool and such a coincidence.

    The shortened story is that Lumina and I first taught Kirthi to transform and use her powers by pushing her to the limit. She almost broke but we got it.

    So back to the present. We’re currently at The Academy in the top floor’s gym waiting to find out where we’re going for partner checkup.

    “Emily of Turnover and Philip of Naviar, proceed to room one oh one. Alicia and Carlos, room one oh five,” the voice starts.

    Finally! They started calling out names.

    We wait to hear our names and room numbers. When Lumina tries to talk, I shush her because once she starts, she won’t stop.

    Soon, I hear, “Partners Lumina of Westersummer and Zachary of Clearton, two oh three. Kirthi and Rich of Clearton, two oh four. Alarice of Goldsilver and Alexander of Vertvale, two oh five.”

“Right next to each other,” we say and high five.

We start walking downstairs to the second floor and once we reach, we say bye and go our separate ways.

As Alexander and I enter the room, I notice a change in our surroundings. It isn’t a physical change but more of a mental one that I can sense. Judging by the look on Xander’s face, he noticed it, too.

He yells, “Get down!”

He then tackles me to the ground and covers my body with his. Just as that happened, a blast just barely missed us.

“Very well done,” a man says. “That was excellent. I can see you two are getting along well and will be great partners in battle.

We glare at him and push ourselves off the ground. Was this dude seriously planning to hit us if we didn’t do that.

“Well, time for your checkup. Please go sit in those seats and fill out those forms,” he says.

I walk over to the seat and sit down. I fill out the first form called About Me: