Introduction: My First Day

My name is Felicia, I had just graduated from high school and I decided to enroll into pre-university which started in May. But throughout that month in that school made me realise that whatever I was learning there, I had already learned in high school. During my break, I had a call from a college and they wanted me to enroll with them. They waivered the fee until I couldn't possibly say no. Well? Obviously I took the offer because I got a chance to study what I always wanted to study, Mass Communication. My intake for that course would only start on the 21st of August. It was the beginning of July where I had decided to go look for a job so I could make money while waiting.

I went for an interview on the 3rd of July at a smoothie place in a mall that's only about 3 kilometres from my house. I met with my boss, Frankie. He asked me some questions about myself and he explained to me about the job he was offering me like what will my responsibilities be, how much it pays and what the shifts are like. I got the job immediately after the interview and was assigned to start two days later. I thought I was getting a good job. I mean, the job paid well and who doesn't want money right? Well, I wouldn't want the money if it came with Ming. Little did I know, I was in for a lot of shit.

"Who is Ming?" you might wonder. Ming is a 22 year old short manchild with an emo haircut, a rectangular shaped face and he talks like he's about to flatline on an EKG.

Whew, lost my patience there for awhile as you can tell. I am writing this right now out of anger because of Ming.

Anyway, two days after my interview, I started on the job. My boss had set my shift from 10am to 6pm at the time. My first day at work was not that bad because I did not know what this idiot was like at all. When I arrived at the shop, Ming was not there but Aidan was. "Hey, are you Felicia, the new part timer?" He asked "Yep." I replied. Aidan trained me for the next few hours before Ming arrived. He told me the things they do for the morning shift since I am only working the morning shift. He briefed me on the stock take, the recipes etc.

As soon as Ming arrived, he took me aside and asked me a bunch of questions like he was interviewing me. He asked me questions like "Have you had any experience in the F&B line before?" I thought he was like a supervisor or something so I didn't give it much thought about him "interviewing" me. He mentioned "What we like to keep around here is a cooperative and fun environment. As you can see on our brochure, we keep it cool, fun and crazy here."

Little did I know, I was not at all gonna have fun but instead I was gonna lose my cool and go crazy.