The Luminous Of The Night

Chapter 1.

~Jez~

"That'll be £187.69 please." I smiled at the woman wearing a pure fur jacket,the colour of snow and blocky pearl necklace.I cringed internally,but I kept the facade up.She tilted her head up and looked down on me,even though I was standing up and she was sitting down.Thats what I hated about working in this place,Le JohnPauls Restaurant,everybody looked down on you.She basically slammed the money onto the little pallet,while trying to look graceful about it.Yes,that didn't work out as well as she thought.

"Hump."Inappropiate,still I couldn't make a remark.Instead I focused my sense's on her.I could feel the pulse of her slow working brain,smell the stench of preteniousness,her aura a dark and murky pink.She was blatenly and obviously immature and dishonest.I chose not to shuffle through her brain,I didn't want to see what that hag was thinking.She flinched slightly at my eyes.The eyes that now had slited pupils so I could feel everything in my surroundings,especially her.

She attempted to pull her seat out,but very slowly.I walked behind the chair and put both hands on the side's.

"Let me help you with that ma'm."I pulled the chair out as she stood up.She turned to me and gave a little glare,highlighting the botox she'd had to hide her frown lines and non-existent laugh lines.I smiled innocently while walking around the side of the table to collect the money pallet.

"Have a nice day."I said trying to keep my voice cheery but I couldn't keep up the act as they mumbled something back.Rude much.I strode into the kitchen,I needed a break badly.As I reached the back of the kitchen I leaned on the stainless steel worktops and spread my palms,my fingers spread atleast a centimetre apart.Staring at the ceiling I clenched my fingers together.I hated this place,I hated the fact no-one understood me,no-one even tried to.Everyone took took one look at me and decided to ignore me,I hated the fact I could do things others couldn't.People yearn to be different,but they wouldn't like the powers I've got.The fact I can chase anyone across the world by brain signature,smell or even the feel of air around them.The fact that my insticts are beyond any mortal abilties and my eyes turn to slits,cat-like.The only thing people ask me is "Are you cat woman ?" Are you kidding me,I mean come on seriously ? I also have the strenght of the bull,but with the a petite figure.I scare people off easily because of that impossible strength.

I unconciously relaxed,which brought my guard down.I could sense,hear,smell,feel everything around me.Like the buzz of the New York traffic,dull and constant.No,wait..theres something else.I instantly felt my eyes slit and I half crouched while sniffing at the air.One part of my mind was saying to leave it,its happened before we don't want or need a repeat.The other half is curious and is pushing me towards the exotic scents,the rich,lovely,exotic scents.

All around me there was the pulses of brains,some hard working while others like workers in zombie mode.Colours swirling,the aura's,the pinks,greens,blue and even some blacks as I entered the dinning room.The stench hit me like a wall,hard,disgusting.The only thing that led me through the dinning room was the sweetness of that exotic smell.I was just a few feet away from the table it came from,I would of usaully stopped in my tracks when I saw a scene like this.

The guy in the left chair was pale white against the blood red table linen,he was flawless.Mahogany hair,purposely windswept but otherwise neat.His eyes the colour of honey, glowing, sweet, comforting,delicious.He wore black pants and shirt with a red tie,the shirt neatly showed his nicely muscled arms.Red seemed the colour of choice these days.His aura was a kind of filmy colour,I didn't know what it meant.I'd only seen this a few times on the streets but I could hardly stop them to pick up on their personality.His brain was like a recycled lightbulb,a constant light but infact it just flickered so fast you couldn't tell the difference and I didn't know why it was like a recycled lightbulb it just had that sense of something not new.