07

A few days later...

Forks's Hospital

Her/Felicity's POV

Doc was like my new best friend. He cared for me, and was there for me- everything that a best friend should be. He introduced me to human contact again, which was a huge confidence boost when I was at my lowest points. He constantly saw that I was bored, and though he tried his best to cure some of my boredom, I was often left wondering what to do, and then resorting back to sleep. It was then, that I was introduced to some of his favourite books, books that he brought in especially for me, from his own home. I enjoyed them all, but I particularly enjoyed his personal favourites, books like 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald, 'Sherlock Holmes' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and the 'Harry Potter' Series by J. K Rowling.

He made my life so much easier. I wish I had met him earlier, and then I would've almost enjoyed my countless days in that prison cell, holding onto a sliver of hope, rather than hating my life, and trying to end it, all the time. He was just wonderful.

But there's always problems, when we find joy in moments. I would have to be leaving soon; I would have to be sent back to the prison from which I had come. But, I didn't want to leave. He was my friend, and I had never had a true friend before. It was exciting. He was exciting. And, yes, I knew what he was; I knew that he was a vampire. I saw the things that the majority of people didn't; I saw the struggles and strains that being a vampire caused him, both physically and mentally. And, of course, he didn't know, that I knew, and tried his best to hide it. But, there was no point, I already knew. So unless, he had some magic power that could make me forget, I wasn't letting go of the truth, so easily. (Cedric Diggory could just Obliviate her, though.) I didn't blame him for trying to fit in, with society. I loved him. It was that simple. But, the question was, was he going to forgive me for it?

***

Third Person POV

Carlisle looked at Felicity, as he monitored her; she was so beautiful. She used to be so happy, all the time, but, now she went all shy around him. It was a shame, really, he thought he was getting somewhere with her, at least to the point of friendship. He sighed sadly, which was ironic, as a minute later, he smiled; she was peacefully asleep.