A Run-In With Destiny

Prologue

(Alex's POV)

I woke up to an cold and empty bedroom. I looked at my alarm clock it was only 7:00 in the morning. Figure my so called mom would leave the minute i fell asleep. She was never one to stick around when things got bad. It was always my dad who stayed with me during one of my episode, who talked with me after i had nightmare and told me i was going to be okay.

He was wrong. Nothing was okay because he was dead and it was all my fault. The sad part is i was happy to be rid of him, to finally be free from his constant hovering. He wasn't even my real father just a stranger i was forced to live with. He thought the constant acts of kindness would make up for the hell he put me through every other day of my life. He's the reason i have nightmares and can't sleep. The reason i'm anti-social and nevre leave the house. Most people would think theres something wrong with me but thats not the case at all.

My father was a complete asshole. I don't really like to curse but thats the only way to describe him. He hit me, cut me, stabbed me, and even tried to drown me in the tub when he thought i talked to the police. I was only 7 when it started and now i'm 14. He didn't do because he hated me and thats the worse part. He did it because he thought it'd make me stronger. He rarely fed me anything but instead gave me pills that he said were healthier than food. I had to sneak out just to eat a chocolate bar. i couldn't leave the house no matter what even when i was hurt. Father got me private tutor and nurses for when i needed them. He always had control of what i did and how i lived. So call me what you want but i'm glad he's dead.

My mother was honestly no better than my dad. She ignored my existence for pretty much my whole life. If she wasn't ignoring me he was pushing me to be smarter, stronger, faster and better. She didn't even pretend to care what i did. I tried to please by getting straight A's, playing sports and learning the things she wanted me to but nothing was ever enough. So 4 years ago i gave up on trying to please, gave up on fighting my father and shut off my feelings completely. If i couldn't feel then i couldn't be hurt.

However Mr. Kendricks, the doctor my parents took me to when i was 10 and wouldn't fall asleep saw things differently. He was a friend of thiers who knew what i went through but was paid big money to not care. Mr. Kendricks told them i suffered from insomnia, anti-social personality disorder, chronic night terrors, early signs of schizophrenia, and ADHD. He of course based this on the stories told by my father. He threw in ADHD after father told him of the mulitple time i called the police to tell them i was being abused and imprisoned within my own house.

None of this matters now, because i'm finally being set free. My mother refuses to take care of me and is sending me to social services. I can't help but be happy since its the first time i'm leaving the house since i was 7. I don't care if its to go to the hospital or foster care both sound better than my own home.

Today i'm set free.