Heartbreak

Natsu will be OOC for this oneshot

Loke always knew he had a very slim chance of getting with Lucy. He had lots of competition. Natsu, Gray, Sting. There were plenty of people who could take her from him. Not only that, but Lucy always rejected his advances, turning him away.

But he never thought his heart would shatter like glass.

[Loke's POV]

It was honestly a normal day to begin with. It was getting close to Christmas, so everyone in Fairy Tail was super excited. I found it funny as people went around, buying gifts for others. Every year, we hosted a Secret Santa for people to buy gifts for fellow guild mates. And even though I am a Celestial Spirit, I was involved. Obviously, I don't know who got me, but I got Gray.

Deep down I was disappointed since it wasn't Lucy, but I could figure something out for Gray. We were pretty close friends after all.

And I came here of my own accord, scaring Lucy by accident. I felt bad about that. I appeared out of nowhere behind her and said hi to Gray. She yelled out and almost fell over if I hadn't caught her. She got a little flustered, so it was adorable, but got up and pushed herself away from me.

She then went and sat by Natsu, who was sitting at the bar with Happy, about 5-8 seats away. Natsu was the one I was the most jealous of. I was plenty jealous of Sting as well, and I was the tiniest bit jealous of Gray, but Natsu really got on my nerves.

With how much time Lucy spent with him. Laughing, talking, going on missions. He was my biggest threat. I glared a little as I turned away from them. "Tch..."

"Loke? What is it, man?" Gray asked, setting his ice water down on the bar as he looked at me. I sighed and looked away from Gray.

"It's nothing, promise. Just trying to figure out what I should get for Secret Santa." I said, looking back at him with a smile. Luckily, he seemed to believe me.

"Oh. Yeah. I got Juvia and I'm trying to figure something out." He stated.

"Well, get her a piece of jewelry or something like that. I'm sure she's like it." I said.

Gray smiled. "Loke, that's brilliant! Thanks man!" He said, giving me a high five.

I laughed a little as we high fived each other. "Not a problem! Anything for a friend." I said. He smiled at me and ran out of the guild, possibly going to find that piece of jewelry for Juvia.

"So Loke. Who did you get?" Mirajane asked as she took Gray's glass and set it in the sink. She then began wiping down the counter.

"I got Gray. Trying to figure something out." I said as I sat at the bar so I could speak to the white haired girl without having to stand.

"Well, what about a new jacket? He may not keep his clothes on very often, but a new jacket would be nice." Mirajane said with a slight giggle.

"That's a really good idea, Mira. I like it! Thanks a bunch." I said with a smile.

Mirajane smiled as well. "Of course, Loke! But, I bet you wouldn't have had to ask for help if it had been Lucy you'd gotten." She said with a mischievous smirk and a wink. This caused me to blush pink.

"Mira. Keep it down." I said, looking around to see if anyone heard. It appeared no one had, so I let out a breath of relief. Little did I know, someone had heard Mira, but he kept speaking in his conversation. Not a saying a thing.