Introduction

Welcome

What is writing? How is it defined?

writ·ing /ˈrīt-ing/ - the activity or skill of marking coherent words on paper and composing text.

Well, that's kind of fancy. What the crap does coherent mean? It means "logical and consistent." But is all writing like that? Heck no. Should writing be based off of a definition that came up with the first search on Google? HECK NO. So then why is this guide here? If we don't have to go by a definition, why do we have to go by what this random account on Wattpad is saying? Well, buddy, this is what the Welcome introduction of this book is for. 

See, I may be an idiot, but I also know things. For sure things. Especially about writing. I'm telling you, from age ten and up, I was obsessed with the publishing industry. I read every single article on publishing, literary agents, manuscripts, sales, nonfiction how-to's, and legal contract mumbo jumbo, but I also learned another thing: writing doesn't have a definition, but it has guidelines as to how it is accepted. 

You have to know your writing before you write it. You have to know the rules before you break them. So this is what this book will be about: Setting up guidelines for you to destroy.

Mind you, some of these are kind of important, and destroying them won't help you much if you decide you want this book of yours to be on the shelves of Barnes & Noble in every state across the country, but if you take pleasure in it, then go ahead.

[C O M I N G  S O O N]

[A M A Z I N G  C O V E R  B Y @asterism]