Chapter 8

I had quickly finished up my work at the small farm, so I bid farewell to them right after they had given me some coins for helping. So I headed down to Ciel's manor, humming a little tune as I looked around at my surroundings. The green trees were absolutely beautiful this time of year. I saw the manor in the distance, so I had picked up my pace.

The manor looked exactly how it had before the fire, surprisingly. I was a little shocked at first, I'll admit that much. I had missed it so much. Then I realized that the owners of the dress shop didn't know that I was going to be gone for so long, but I would tell them that I ran into an old friend and went to visit them for a little while.

Hopefully, they wouldn't be too worried about me, but I kinda felt that they needed a break from my craziness. I was generally pretty hyper when I was by myself. I had lost my train of thought as I walked up the stairs to the front door. I knocked quickly before putting my hands behind my back. Almost immediately, Sebastian had opened the door for me, smiling a bit as he saw that it was me. "Come inside, Lady (Y/n)," He said politely as he gestured for me to come in.

I thanked him before my gaze flicked all over the place of the main foyer. It looked pretty similar to what it was before. A picture of Vincent and Rachel Phantomhive was hung at the top of the stairs. My heart sunk at seeing the picture. They were so nice in my opinion, they didn't deserve any of it, neither did Ciel. I can only imagine how fucked up it made him.

"Sebastian?" My voice was quiet as I called out to the butler, but he looked back at me with his piercing ruby eyes. "Yes, M'lady?" He asked, bowing a little as he looked at me. "Um... sorry for asking this, but where is Ciel?" I asked, my voice shaking a little. No particular reason for it to be shaking, but I was pretty shy around new people. Sebastian smiled slightly and he asked me to follow him up the stairs.

I nodded as we walked up the stairs. "Where are we going?" I asked. "The young Lord's study." He replied, stopping in front of what I assume was the study door, knocking on it before calling out. "Young Lord? Lady (Y/n) has arrived." He announced. Sebastian opened the door for me to step inside, which I did so before thanking him. My jaw dropped at how many books were in here.

Ciel cleared his throat to get my attention, which definitely caught it. He gestured for me to sit down in the seat in front of his desk. I sat down before looking back at him, smiling at him. "Ciel, it is wonderful to see you again," I said in a posh accent, making him grin just a little. "Yes, it is!" He copied me, making me giggle a little. "But really, it really is." I smiled softly. He nodded in agreement at my words. "Still silly as ever, I see," He chuckled a little, making me nod in reply.

I could tell he wasn't the same kid he once was, but hell, I wasn't either. Both of us had lost our parents in the span of a few months three years ago, no one would be the same after that. "I can tell that you're different than you were before, Ciel," I said quietly as I fiddled with my thumbs. He stared at me before opening his mouth to speak.

"Both of us are different, (Y/n)."