Chapter 4

Last night was definitely interesting. After Caily and I got home, we both went straight to bed. Well, sort of, I ended up editing my vlog and preparing it to upload in the morning. I couldn't help but laugh at some of the clips, even if it would wake my roommate up. By the time I was done editing, it was already around 5 in the morning. A sigh escaped my mouth and I laid on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. My thoughts wandered to him. The guy I met last night. You know, Colby. I took in a deep breath, trying to calm the butterflies in my stomach.

"Calm down Keira," the voice in my head said, "You barely even know the dude. He could be a douche for all you know". That was true. I don't know anything about him, and besides, he probably has a girlfriend. I shook my head, I'm such a hopeless romantic. I got up and disabled my alarm, considering I'm already up and don't need that thing blaring in my face. I went into my private bathroom and took a hot shower. The water felt so nice on my skin as it washed away any dirt and gross stuff from last night. I decided to take my sweet time since It was so early in the morning, and because I didn't have to film anything for my youtube channel today. I finished washing up and got dressed into an oversized black hoodie with rose designs on it, and some black platform boots. I admired myself in the mirror, doing a little twirl.

"Not too shabby" Caily laughed, looking around the corner

"Hey, how did you get in here? I thought I locked my door!" I said astonished. Caily snickered and held up a small penny, indicating that she used that to turn the lock. I facepalmed and walked out of my bathroom, to my computer on my desk. I decided to just upload my vlog now so I could get it off of my chest.

"Hey Caily? I'm gonna go out today" I stated. Caily simply nodded and walked out of my room into hers, telling me that she was just going to stay home. I gathered my things and walked into our garage. I really need to pick up my car from the automobile repair shop, but I'm pretty sure the mechanic said it wouldn't be done for another day or two. I wish that I could've been more careful on the road that day, maybe I wouldn't have gotten into that crash. It technically wasn't my fault of what happened, but I still feel so damn guilty. The images of it flashed in my head, and I almost gagged. I shook those thoughts out my head and got into the car. The engine started and I rolled out into the pavement. Even though it was windy, I decided to drive to the beach. The beach is always so calming to me, and there wont be very many people there because of the weather.

When I got to the beach, I was surprised to find that there was actually parking. I took off my boots or else they would get all sandy and gross. I started walking to the water, when all of a sudden I hear a faint sniffle. I looked underneath the little watchtower and was surprised to find a guy sitting there.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked softly. He looked up with surprise on his face. The guy quickly wiped at his cheeks and attempted to looks as happy as possible.

"Yeah I'm good" He said, trying not to let his voice crack. Holy shit. What are the fucking odds that it would be dreamy eyes from last night. I smiled and sat down next to him.

"You don't seem 'good', tell me what happened" I coaxed. Colby looked down, seemingly contimplating something, and then looking off into the water.

"I lost someone close to me pretty recently. My uh, girlfriend" he spilled. My expression turned from one of comfort, to one of sympathy.

"I am so sorry" I apologized. That must suck, losing someone you love before you are ready to let go.

"Don't apologize, it's not like it's your fault. My names Colby, by the way" Colby stuck out his hand to shake, but I only chuckled and pushed it away. He looked at me in confusion and opened his mouth so say something, but I cut him off.

"We already met last night, remember?" I giggled. A look of realisation crossed his face and he laughed along with me.

"Oh yeah! You're Keira, the girl who scared the living shit out of me!" Colby exclaimed while pointing at me. I nodded with a smile on my face. I'm glad that he isn't sad anymore, he looks so much better happy. We chatted for a few minutes while walking down the beach together, completely leaving the previous subject behind. Colby stopped walking and looked me in the eyes.

"Well, I've got to get going. Thanks for cheering me up," I nodded as he spoke, "My twitter is @ Colbybrock, if you ever want to talk, or do a collab or something" Colby offered. I agreed and watched as he walked off to his car.

Damn that boy is fine.

(A/N: SUH DUDES! We had a one-on-one conversation with Colbs today! Why do you think Keira is so sad by "that day" and that car crash? Also, who was Colby gf and what happened to her?????? Leave theories down below ;))