Jack's flat

"I'm just gunna... um... get a drink, do you want one?" Jack then broke the silence.
"Um, yes please, water would be lovely" I replied, and as Jack walked towards what I presumed to be the kitchen, I had the chance to have a proper look round his flat. The thing that caught my eye first, was a picture frame, wooden, and the glass cracked. It contained a picture of Jack, Conor, and a younger girl, who I thought to be their younger sister, Anna, who I had seen in one of Conor's videos before. As I continued looking at the photos on the mantle piece, I heard a voice clear their throat from behind me.
"Here's your water" Jack said.
"Thanks. Who's that?" I replied, pointing to the young girl in the cracked photo frame.
"Anna. My sister. She lives in Brighton still, with my parents. I definitely don't see enough of her. Maybe I'll take you to see them one day" Jack said with a sigh, but smirking towards the end of the statement, a statement that left me both flustered, and confused. Had Jack really just considered introducing me to his parents? I mean I knew I liked him, but I didn't think after just one date he could be thinking g that far ahead. Did he like me as much as I liked him?
I was snapped out of my thought by a hearty chuckle.
"You look cute when you're all hot and bothered" Jack said, before walking off to what I knew from his blogs to be his bedroom. Intrigued by his outburst, I slowly followed, unsure as to what he was about to do.
"Hey, is Conor there? I tried his phone but he isn't answering" is what I first heard, followed by "Hey Jack, yea he is. His phone died, I'll go get him" and finally "Thanks Joe" before silence. So he's trying to contact Conor, had I done something wrong?
"Hey buddy, what's wrong?" I heard the muffled voice of Conor Maynard say,
"I think I made a mistake. But I'm not sure if it's good thing, or if a potential mistake can be a good thing, or if I've messed everything up..."
"Woah Jack, calm down. You're rambling, what happened?"
"Okay so I was talking with Bella, you know that girl that I brought back to the flat, and thanks for calling her a hot chick by the way, means a lot, anyway. We were talking, and she saw the pic of us and Anna, and I said that I don't see her enough as she still lives in Brighton with our parents..."
"Well mine and Anna's parents, as your adopted..."
"Conor! Not the time"
"Sorry bro. Keep going"
"Anyway, I kinda maybe said that I'd take her to see them and she got all confused..."
"Jack, did you say you take her to see my parents after one date?"
"Out parents, and yea..."
"Wow, did you mean it?"
"What?"
"Did you mean it?"
"Yea, like, I want her to meet them"
"Then it's not a problem, you meant what you said, you're over reacting"
At this point I decided to interfere,
"Hey jack," I said, "Conor's right ya know. You are overreacting."
"What? How? When? When did you get here?" Jack said, clearly flustered and stumbling on his words.
"About a half hour ago when you opened the door and I walked in and complemented how nice your flat was... do you not remember?" I replied, a hint of sarcasm evident in my voice.
"Um no not that, when did you get here, like in this room? And how much did you hear?" Jack replied, his face going redder by the second.
"Hey little bro, you still there? You want me to go?" I heard from Jacks armpit, which seemed to be where he hid the phone when I entered the room.
"Conor, I'll call you back later bro, bye" jack mumbled, embarrassment laced in his voice.
"Jack, don't worry about it, honestly, you're just overreacting and overthinking this..."
Without another word Jack put his lips on mine, and it was as if the rest of the world slowed down to an almost stop, and all that mattered was the two of us together. As we pulled away, Jack leaned his head forward, and rested it against my forehead, saying in a voice only barely audible,
"Bella Smith, you have no idea how much I like you"
"Jack Maynard" I replied, in the same hushed tone, "I think i do."