Chapter 3: I found a new friend

'So Katherine welcome to my mum's restaurant'

'Yeah thanks its a pleasure'

We both walked into my mum's restaurant named Margarita foodie's 'n' snacks.

'This place looks good' Katherine said

'Really seems good'

I saw my mum around there... I called out 'mum'

'Oh Samantha u're here'

'Yes mum, meet my school mate' I said pointing to Katherine

'Good day ma'am'

'Hello how are you doing'

'Am fine and i most say this place looks great'

Yep tks, so u girls make yourself comfortable....i have some things to attend to.

'sure mum'.....
....

'So tell me abt yourself'

'Well, as u know my name is Samantha but you can call me Sammy, I don't really like mingling with people and I suck at making friends....most especially I am the boring type'

'hmm interesting...anyways I am the complete opposite of you.... I am good at socializing and I love making friends'

We ate our burger and laughed at intervals... It is fun talking to Katherine actually....like its been long since i have had this feeling of socializing with someone and I guess it isn't bad after all to meet new people.

'So I guess we are bffs cos i am already loving you... Mehn it will actually be nice having you as my best friend and we are even neighbours'..... Kate said happily and pulling me into a hug...

Like seriously Kate is really excited about us being friends like bffs.... really this is gonna be a long day.

'yeah sure... Bffs forever....i said

'Sammy why do you feel boring...you don't seem like that to me'

'lol maybe because we haven't spent more time together..dnt worry as time goes on you will see it'

Kate so far is a cheerful girl and she has a wonderful personality....kate is the only child like me and she lives with her dad....am sure you are wondering about her mum...well her mum passed away when she was only ten due to some complications as ND I really feel sorry for her....

'So tell me about your family'

'Well I am the only child like you. My mum and dad are separated bcos my dad left us for another woman just like that and since I av been kinda mute to myself which affected my social life and my mum also had to leave her job to open this restaurant she had established to while away time because it was a shock to all of us'

'oh no that's is really bad... But all the same we will sure get along....our story seem alike with this whole single dad and mum issues'...kate said

'Sure I am just trying to forget about  the whole issue and focus on my life'

'Sammy dnt worry, with me around you will sure get your real life back...

We both laughed and took some selfies together. We walked home together and we went to our different homes.

.....
So I just finished taking a shower and doing my homework...i was thinking about today like it just dawned on me that I have a best friend...like seriously and I started jumping on my bed like a five year old... At least have some composure....yh i should but all the same I am still excited.

P. S. I like thinking out loud

I went downstairs to watch mnet movies...wait a minute...what has come over me I DON'T WATCH TV NOT EVEN MOVIES...does having a new friend causes new changes in you because am confused right now....on a normal day after school, I study what I am being taught that day...

The movie was almost over so I hurried upstairs to study what I was taught that day... I had five classes today: Physics, English, Biology, Economics and general studies... So I just brushed over them.

....
My mum was already back so we ate pasta with sauce for dinner and we chatted...

'Sammy you seem happy today...does your friend has an effect on you'

'I guess so mum... We are besties already and she is really cool and we seen to get along with each other'

'nice one'

After the whole chit chat about Kate and other things we went to bed... I wore my nightwear and slipped into my blanket....i daydreamed about the next day....

❤❤❤❤❤flawless Damie❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks for reading.
Please vote, comment, share and follow...
Much love to u guys.. Xoxo

#Damie