~Chapter 2~

Kasey Dillon was throwing clothes into the trolley in a mad rush. How she was doing it so quickly was beyond me. She seemed to view, analysis, consider and purchase in under 30 seconds every time. We regularly went on shopping sprees like this one and we never seemed to come out under $300.

"I don't understand why you don't just buy over the internet like everyone else" I grumbled to no one in particular. "I bought my creepers over the internet" Kasey gasped, pointing down towards her red velvet creepers. I rolled my eyes as Kasey hurled into the trolley a pair of knee length jeans, a black skirt, 2 pink singlets, a black poofy spray jacket, four beanies, 2 scarves and a sparkly white crop top.

We reached the swim ware section and Kasey went into a mad adrenaline pumped frenzy, hurling bikinis, bathing suits and boardies left, right and centre. "I want something that stands out but doesn't make me look like a carrot, you know what I mean? Of course you do. My tan does this to me" Kasey stressed. I went through the rack and pulled out a light pink polka dot two piece with frills on the bottoms. I tossed them to Kasey and they landed on her head. "Do I look like Miss Lang now" Kasey giggled, twirling in a circle as she channelled our Japanese teacher, known for wearing many different forms of lacy hats and headgear. I giggled in response. Kasey picked them up and started at them particularly hard. It took her a whole minute before she came to any sort of decision. "I'm not sure. I like them and they are on sale but I think I would be better off investing on something more" Kasey paused for effect. "Unique" she finally finished. "I totally agree" I answered truthfully. "It looks like I have no choice but to invest over the internet." Kasey groaned and pushed the trolley towards the makeup display.

After a good half an hour trying on make up and carefully analysing and testing every product we settled on a nice Remmel collection, which included mascara, lipgloss, a nice red lipstick and a foundation pack along with three different colour eyeliners. The eyeliners really sold itself to Kasey who informed me that it was a logical decision and convinced me to invest 6 extra dollars on face paint.

We arrived at the check out in perfect time. This perfect time happened to be the time when Ryan Lucas started his fixed afternoon Saturday shift. It had become a tradition of ours to bombard the sweet school football superstar with embarrassing women products to scan. I think it may of had something to do with Kasey's love for buying clothes in a supermarket apart from over the internet like normal people. Them again she was a bit of a creep.

He saw us and groaned, rolling his eyes as Kasey piled half of Ausmart on the small checkout conveyor belt. "Good morning ladies" Ryan welcomed us with a very unenthusiastic voice. "Be quick" Kasey urged Ryan. "I can smell the chicken and salad kebab with ranch dressing all the way on the other end of the mall." Ryan let out a small sigh and started scanning slightly faster then normal, wincing slightly as he picked up a black g-string that had sneakily made it into our trolley. At the sight of his reaction Kasey beamed at him, them me, then the old man scanning potting mix next to us, and finally at the lady buying all the different kinds of women magazines Ausmart had to offer.

At that exact time two boys walked into Ausmart, noticed Ryan holding a black and white stripped bra and fell about laughing. Ryan went red and quickly stuffed it into the environmentally friendly bags Ausmart now handed out to customers. I recognised both of them immediately. One was Ryan's incredibly close mate Holden Randle and wearing a tight fitted white long sleeve shirt with brown skinny jeans and a pair of vans was none other then my northern bus partner, and newly found school legend, Scooter Gregors.

"Look" Kasey pointed excitedly. "Is that the new guy? Sam isn't it." Kasey waved excitedly at Holden walking off faster then I could correct her on Scooter's name. These two had been close friends for years, always looking to plot tricks and stunts against Ryan. It had been Holden who had kept us posted on Ryan's shift changes and all the latest goss in his love life. Ryan was a bit of a push over and let females walk all on top of him. Kasey must of planned this shopping spree so that Holden and us would meet at the same point with Ryan in the centre.