Pilot

My name is Maya Zor-El. 24-years-old, my planet, Krypton was in serious peril, my cousin, Kal-El, was sent to Earth for his own safety and protection. You may know his story. Most people do. The story you don't know is that we were sent to protect him.

I saw dad put his hand on Kara's shoulder as he spoke, "Your coordinated are interlocked with Kal-El's."

On our way to leave, Kara and I hugged our mother one more time. Then I sat in the shuttle, letting Kara sit on my lap. The blast from Krypton exploding sent our shuttle off course and into a place called the Phantom Zone. A region is place where time doesn't pass. Kara may have slept most of the way, but I was awake for most of it.

We work at Catco Worldwide Media. An online and print empire built by our boss, Cat Grant. The most powerful woman in National City.

As soon as we got out of the elevator, Winn approached us. "Hey, look at this!" He told us, showing us something on his iPad. "There was an armed car robbery last night, there was only one witness."

When Cat got out of her elevator, she was complaining about the fact someone had used her elevator. I already knew who used it, but I'd never tell. Cat Grant was a bitch, but Kara and many others worshiped at her feet.

When Kara left Cat's office, she wasn't happy at all.

She then looked at me and said, "Miss Grant wants you to go get the layouts from the new art director."

When I entered I said, "Um... Cat Grant wants the new layouts."

I then said once more, "Miss Grant sent me for layouts and she doesn't like to wait." He said, "Well, she can wait a minute." I giggled to myself, that was what I thought every day! "Have you met Miss Grant?"

He began to speak as he turned around, "And what's she gonna do?"

When he faced me, his smile grew from ear-to-ear, he was the cutest guy I had ever seen.

"Hi."

"James Olsen," he introduced himself. I smiled, "Uh... Maya... Maya Danvers."

He smiled at me gently. He had the most adorable smile that I had ever seen. And I've traveled the galaxy.

When we went home later, we complained to Alex about our day.

"Girls, you've got a good job, you're cute, and thanks to your alien DNA, you can't get pimples." We chuckled at that reply.

I was at home, eating a bowl of ice cream and watching the news when I heard them say a plane headed to Geneva was experiencing loss of altitude."

Apparently Kara heard too, because we met in the air, heading to the plane together. I got one wing, she got the other, and we landed the plane in the lake.

As we screamed, we could hear everyone inside scream too.

We stood up on opposite wings, people taking pictures of us before we flew off. We flew straight home! It was amazing.

Kara and I stood up when Alex  got home, "I know!"

"What are you two thinking?" Alex asked us. "You are out there now, everybody knows about you and you can't take that back!"

We walked into work the next day like nothing happened.

"Plane-saving ladies?"

James said in Miss Grant's meeting, "My friend in blue hasn't mentioned anything, but if they're anything like him, they'll be back." Miss Grant smiled, "They better be."