18

Jack

I thought that coming on this trip would be really good fun and could help me and Haolie to get even closer. Lately she has been really distant and I'm not sure why. Maybe she's having second thoughts on our relationship. I don't know but I want to make sure she's happy.

I've tried to indulge her in every way possible to see if it would make her happy. But every time I show how much I love her and want her to be happy she becomes more and more upset. I can't take this anymore.

"Jack please can you pass me the water" she points to the big water jug on the table. I shrug and pass it over to her and she slightly smiles curtly at me. I sigh and start digging into the meal my meal we just ordered from this restaurant we found on the beach. I'm eating a burger with all the addons while Haolie barely touches the salad she's ordered. I'm quite surprised she normally goes for something like a pizza. That's my girl. But now, a bowl of green? What the hell has happened to her?

The dinner passes by with little chatter. I've noticed how she doesn't really spark any conversation anymore. It's like she's lost herself. I shrug it off and pay the bill. We leave without any conversation and start walking back to our villa.

The suns setting across the water and the sea has not a single soul swimming. Everything is still. This gives me an idea.

"Fancy a swim?" I smile down at her and cock my brow. She loves to go swimming especially when it's so calm and quiet. Usually she'd be jumping up and down and racing me back to get changed into her swim suit, however now she just frowns at me and shakes her head.

"Maybe tomorrow?" She suggests and carries on walking. I stop in my tracks. Ok this isn't the Haolie I know. I continue to follow her up the pavement and through the front door. I close it behind me as she runs upstairs and mumbles that she's going to bed. It's barely even 10.

I run my hand over my face. What have if done to upset her so badly? I knew I'd never be enough for her. God I'd give her the world, I pretty much try to. I adore her but right now I don't think the feeling is mutual. And that destroys me.

I grab a beer out of the fridge and make my way out onto the balcony overlooking the sea we just walked passed. I sit down on a lounger and let the breeze calm me. I could do with getting high right now but I guess in these circumstances it's not the best solution.

After an hour or so I make my way upstairs to see Haolie sitting out of the little balcony from the bedroom. The wind blows through her hair as she's wrapped in a blanket. I sigh for like the 100th time today. Noes the chance.

I walk up to stand beside her and that's when used it. Her eyes glossy. Reddened cheeks. A huge frown upon her lips which quiver. And tears streaming down her face.

"Haolie what's going on?" I nearly whisper.

She doesn't reply for a few minutes. Then she wipes her eyes and stands up straight. "Nothing I'm just being silly" she tries to joke but I know she's hiding something.

She turns to walk away but I catch her wrist not in a painful way and then her back towards me. "Tell me the truth" I say sternly.

"Jack I-" she begins but I can tell she's about to cry again. I let go. "I can't".

My eyebrows pull together. "Hay have I done anything to upset you?"

"Oh god no. No" she skates her head and a little part of me relaxes. But I'm still confused. "Look it's all just stupid can we drop it and go to bed?". She tries to persuade me but this time I shake my head.

"Haolie I'm not gonna go until you tell me what's wrong" I say sitting down on a chair. "I know when your lying so don't try and pull that shit on me".