chapter seventeen

IM SORRY THIS BOOK HAS BEEN DEAD

-

Light filled Mitch's vision as he awoke from sleep. He cringed at the sudden change in light, rubbing his eyes and yawning loudly. The room was surprisingly hot; Mitch sweating from every crevice.

Ew.

Mitch sat up in his bed, ripping his shirt off and throwing it across his room. He groaned, instantly uncomfortable with the heat. It was like he woke up being cooked in an oven. His skin felt sticky, the air was suffocating, and sweat. Gross.

Well, that was summer in Texas. And basically any other place that's hot in summer.

When the sweaty, shirtless boy plopped back down on his bed, he picked up his phone and saw a message. A sleepy smile grew on his face when he saw "scott ☺️" as the contact.

Mitch's smile got bigger with every word

Mitch's smile got bigger with every word. He blushed hard everytime he read a compliment. His heart fluttered greatly thinking about Scott again, wanting to just be with him.

He read over the message again, just to see if he missed anything. Mitch saw that Scott wanted him to drive to Franklin Park. That was right behind his house; basically walking distance.

But...he just woke up.

Mitch sighed and started to feel bad. He was very tired from the last two hectic days. He honestly just wanted to stay in bed.

CHAT: scott and mitch
mitchy baby: sweetheart? are you up?

scott ☺️: yeah, ive been up for a while haha

scott ☺️: did you see my message??

mitchy baby: yeah! it was so cute! it was very nice to wake up to that :)

scott ☺️: aw im v glad

mitchy baby: but um...im really tired

mitchy baby: these last two days have been really hectic, and i just wanna relax

mitchy baby: im just not feeling the park right now. im really sorry.

scott ☺️: aw baby that's ok! i could only imagine how tired you must feel

scott ☺️: can i..come over there?

mitchy baby: yes!!!!!! please!!!!!!!

scott ☺️: haha alright