Why would he like me?

Loren's pov
So it's been at least a month and my mom already made some friends. How is it so easy for her? I hate meeting new people they think they could just judge you and think it's all good. Now she has to meet this kid that lives right up stairs. It's not cool. Gosh what can go bad right maybe he's just a nice kid. God help me.

"What's up I'm zach" he said as he gestured his hand for my brother to shake.

"I'm Justin" my brother said as he shook his hand.

"This is my little sister Loren" Zach gave a smile that seemed to almost be a smirk. God summer 16 looks like it's gonna be a looooong summer.

-

I woke up the next day. And the first thing i did was text my good friend from my last school. My mom gave a soft lil knock on my door to say good morning. And us and the neighbors from upstairs are heading to the beach. The beach doesn't sound too bad.

And it really wasn't. I got to know Zach a lil bit more. He was not the best but he was somebody I knew during that time. At first he was a bit of an asswhole but the more i got to know him he was pretty funny. I think him being mean was all just his first impression. You know, to show people he says it how it is. The summer and even the school year was starting to look up.