Chapter 1

1//Once upon a time, a sorceress came to a prince, offering him a rose. Unable to find love in his heart for the woman, he turned her away. Because he showed no love to her, the sorceress cursed the prince, making him into a horrible monster.
Not far away from the prince, a beautiful young lady helped her father prepare for a journey. He went on his way, but was hunted down by wolves. Trying to escape the wolves, he became prisoner to the greatest threat of all: The Beast.//

1//Coulson laid back onto the table, took a deep breath, and placed the headset on, entering the Framework. Jemma watched intently as the director sunk into the alternate reality, keeping tabs on his vitals and making certain that he would be stable while he tried to rescue the others. Breaking everyone out of the Framework would be easy--if Fitz was here. But he wasn't. He was stuck in the alternate universe, believing it was real. 

Jemma vividly remembered watching the beginning of this through her tablet. Aida had begged Fitz to love her, but he had refused, saying that Jemma was the only one in his heart. At that moment, Aida had gone completely berserk, not comprehending that he simply didn't love her. She teleported herself and Fitz away from the SHIELD base, leaving behind a fried electrical system.

When SHIELD's computers had been rebooted, there was a disturbance in the Framework, signaling that someone had entered--or rather, three people. It was obvious that one of the Framework's prisoners was Fitz. It quickly became clear that three other agents had been kidnapped--adding Melinda May, Lance Hunter, and Daisy Johnson to the Framework.

Coulson, certain that his involvement in the TAHITI program would prevent false memories from being implanted as he entered the Framework, had immediately set up to go in after Fitz. However, none of them knew what the Framework world was like. Nobody knew what awaited them on the other side. And certainly, nobody expected what they got. 

Coulson woke up in the other world, correct about his and Simmons' assumption related to TAHITI. However, he did not wake up in a bed, but rather, came to his wits in the middle of the woods. Standing up and gathering himself, he immediately began to determine his location in relation to Fitz. That's when he heard shouts from behind, and then a rain of gunfire. Dashing behind a tree, he found a gun of his own on his person, and whipped it out. He assumed the voices and gunfire were an enemy--why else would they be shooting at him--but didn't want to risk killing a friendly, so he kept his bullets to himself.

Cautiously peering out from behind the tree, he caught a glimpse of the team that was on his tail. The Hydra logo was sprinkled across every jacket, and a face he didn't miss was among them, giving orders. Coulson fired his gun, aiming for Ward's chest, but the traitorous agent was too fast and the bullet only grazed his arm. 

"Come on Coulson, can't even shoot a gun anymore?" Ward teased, moving toward Coulson's space. Coulson took an opportunity to move to a further tree. "I expected more from you."
Coulson scoffed, firing a few more bullets into the Hydra agents before hiding himself back behind a tree. 

Ward and his team moved silently. 

"You can't hide forever, Coulson." Ward taunted in a light voice, though he was obviously aggravated by the two men he'd just lost. His voice was closer than Coulson was comfortable with. 

The SHIELD agent spun out from his hiding place, planning to put a bullet into Ward's head, but instead, he was swept into full-on combat with 7 armed Hydra agents. Coulson was a skilled fighter, but not skilled enough to hold all of them off for long. Not on his own. He put up a good fight, but a final blow left him crumpled on the ground. No gun went off however, and he was unexpectedly handcuffed and dragged off. Wherever they were taking him, at least he was alive.

They must've given him some sort of sedative, because next thing he knew, he was being jolted awake by a painful surge of electricity. 

His head was foggy and it took a minute for his vision to adjust and the world come into focus. He was tightly bound to a chair, and everything felt heavy.
It took immense effort to raise his head to his captor, but when he saw who it was, he sucked in a pained breath.

"Fitz." Coulson spoke weakly, sounding relieved. 

Another jolt made him realize that he shouldn't be relieved. This was not his Fitz.

"It's Doctor Fitz." The Scottish voice spat at him through gritted teeth. The tool in his hand crackled with electricity. "You'll learn soon enough." 

Coulson brought his head back up defiantly to face Fitz. Clenching his jaw, he lifted the corners of his mouth into a slight smile, his eyes glowing as always. Fitz would not break him. 

"Now," Fitz said, turning around to go through a neatly arranged assortment of needles and small--but threatening--tools. "You're going to tell me exactly what I need to know." His voice was calculated and dark. This was not the man he knew. This was a monster created by the Framework. And Coulson was his prisoner.