Night Spirit

The ashes fell gently on the ground, as the volcano erupted. The blackened trees had no leaves. The lake, once water, was now formed as lava. The deep infurno heat blasted through my body, causing me to tingle, as I left the comfortable warm house. The beautiful atmosphere took over me, giving me a sence of pride and belonging.

In the distance, I heard Shadows shrieking with laughter and happiness.

"Come on Furno!" Flare called, sitting at the edge of the lava pool.

Furno looked at her with patience, and smiled calmly at his litte sister.

"Okay." he replied, his voice strong and deep. His jet black hair with red streaks blew gently in the small breaks of aftershock of the volcano eruption. His red eyes laid gently on Flare's toxic green ones, rimmed with black and green eye liner. Her large eyelashes fluttered and she giggled. Her pale skin looked like frost. Her jet black hair, with green streaks fell gently over her shoulders.

Little did they know, their lives would change forever...

"Furno help me!" Flare whimpered, her small claw like fingers trembled. The obsidian beneath her was cracking slowly.

"Don't panic!" Furno reassured calmly. "You'll be okay."

He to, was scared of her falling into the darkness of the lava pool.

"Jump!" Furno called out.

"I'm not going to make it!" she screamed. It was cracking rapidly now. One slight movement and she was dead.

Furno suddenly ran across, shoving her onto the burnt grass. Flare yelped as she got flung onto the grass unexpectedly.

She quickly looked up, only to scream at the sight.

Furno's pale clawed hand sunk slowly to the bottom of the lava pool. "Furno!"

10 years later.

Flare sat on the burnt oak tree, on the outskirts of the lava pool. Flare let out her little secret, her teara turning the lava top to ice-like obsidian. Slowly, Flare took a step onto the obsidian, and grew closer to the spot Furno died. She smiled, all her memories like music to her ears and heart. She had a tune humming in her mind and slowly closed her eyes. She sung the song out loud.

Forever in my heart, you'll always be...

She began to leap and twirl and dance, like a true spirit. She flew high, and crouched low. Her long elegant arms pointed highand her long her blasted in the wind, leaving streaks of toxic green. As graceful as she looked, the obsidian started to crack slowly. Soon as she landed feom a high leap it all shattered.

She instantly flapped out black wings, with green tips and streaks.

"Why couldn't you do that...?" she asked herself. Her green eyes began to brim with tears. She flew high and then swooped low to the ground, landing softly. Whrn Flare landed, she walked to a cliff edge. Her elegant gaze fixed onto the moon. Her hair ruffled softly in the wind and her feathers did the same. The pearl moon lit up her pale skin to silver. Her tall slim sleek figure sood a statue in the night.

She was the Night Queen.

"I'll find you Furno. I promise I'll see you again dear brother..." her voice memorizing and chilling. "I promise..."

END OF PART 1