The Secretary

Carla Delonrentez POV

I'm Carla Delorentez and I work for Rivers Enterprise. I'm currently the CEO's secretary, but all that is about to change. There are a lot of rumors that circled the building before today. You see, today we see the bastard that bought out the old man that ran this company. Last month Mr. Rivers recieved a call from a man interested in running this place. I have no idea why because this company has been on the verge of shutting down for over a year. I only stuck around until the paychecks stopped coming. 

I was one of the small number of people that are actually working and not gossiping about the new boss. He ranged from a wrinkly old man to a chiseled god. People's mouths were just going and going. It was getting annoying considering the fact that this has been going on for about a month.

All of a sudden evrything stopped. All the buzz and the pitter patter of feet stopped. My head turned towards the open main door. There stood the one and only Jace Ryland. The CEO of the biggest company in New York City. He has dark tousled hair that looked like he ran his hand through it a hundred times. His eyes were a mesmerizing blue that looked like clear ocean water on a sunny day. His face looked like it was chiseled like a greek god. He was perfect specimen of a human being wearing  what looked like a very expensive suits that was absolutely wrinkle free.

He started to walk towards the elevator with a confident frame. He looked so sure of himelf. Mr. Ryland spared me glance and a smirk that made my knees weak and sent a shiver that traveled up my back. Soon he has hidden by the closing elavator doors.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. It seemed like everyone was too. The buzzing soon started again. My feet started to carry me to the elavator with a handfull of files cradled towards me. My last thought as the sleek panels closed was if I would still have a job by the end of the week.