>>8. The Cold Lands

>>Title: The Cold Lands

>>Author: Dionysiaca

>>Genre(s): Fantasy, Romance, Medieval

>>Summary:

‘They are called the True and Ancient Order. And I am one of them.'

For more than a thousand years, the Order has stood between humanity and its enemies. Its battle against the Theleman Powers is the truth behind what people call history. But now, the Order has dwindled to a handful….

Sixteen-year-old Lissa knows nothing of the Order, until a string of killings in Oxford begins to terrorise the city’s girls. And when an eerily beautiful boy saves her life – in the school library, of all places – Lissa finds herself being drawn into a different, older, and far more perilous world.

>>Link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/14100159-the-cold-lands

>>Main Focus's (check all boxes that apply):

Grammar/Spelling [ ] Pacing [x] Character Development [x] If It's Realistic (don't check if your story is fantasy) [ ] Details [x]

>>How many chapters?: 5

>>My Review<<

Cover: 8/10             The cover is great! I really like the picture of the sword however I dont like the author name being at the top as it appears unimportant.

Summary: 8/10       Summary is intriguing, caught my attention

____________ 

Pacing: Pacing was a little slow at the beginning but I like it when beginnings are slow because I mean come on who wants to read a paragraph about someones entire life story, when you can read it as the author gradually seeps it in? But as the chapters moved on the pacing was fine! 

Character Development: Your characters are greatly introduced and are well thought out! I really like your characters personalities! :) 

Details: Your details are pin point! Excellent job! If I could give you a trophy, I would. I see some big words beginning to show, keep that up! For example; obstinate. LOVE THEM! 

Extra Things: I really like how it started off, different from the way others do with their stupid alarm clocks. I noticed you had a few paragraphs that were built into really long paragraphs... I suggest you split them up into pieces as long paragraphs tend to bore readers.

I have learned that from my own experiences -Arabella. 

>>Overall: I like your style of writing, it just has this ring to it. Just remember to shorten up those long paragraphs. Your idea is fantastic and will definitely get you far! Who knows maybe you can enter it in the Wattys someday :) 

>>Would We Read This:

I don't think I could handle all those rules, Heck I walk around my house practically naked most of the time and that's one of our rules... Of course I would read this! - Arabella

It's written in third person which I generally like, so of course I would! -Sticks