Chapter one

"Mommy! Mommy!" I yelled as I saw my mom running out of my sight.

I ran trying to reach my mother before she got further. I coughed as the smoke in my room stole all the oxygen. Before I could reach my door a pile of burning wood hit the ground and I slammed my door. I begun to start breathing heavily as the smoke entered my lungs.

"Mommy." I horsely said before coughing and collapsing on the floor. I got up to my hands and knees and crawled towards my door, I touch the handle and screamed in pain as it burned my fingers. I quickly pulled my hand away and layed on the floor.

"Mom....help me" I coughed in a whisper, I felt my body losing its life. Before I knew it I was surrounded by darkness and was unconscious.

Years later.....

"Sir, are you ready? You've been in here for a while now, should I call assistance?" A woman said behind me as I puked into the sink.

"What did I say about disturbing me when I'm having a panic attack!" I screamed before puking once again into the sink.

"I'm sorry sir, but the people are waiting, they can't wait any longer. The restaurant will be closing soon."

I wiped my mouth and breathed in deep, I waiting a while before heading out of the bathroom. The people I were meeting with looked up at me and asked if I was alright. I said I was fine and we should just talk business. I took my seat and we talked about the house I wanted, in New York, where I lived. It had three floors, six bedrooms, four bathrooms, and a master sweet filled with luxurious appliances.

"I'll take it." I said with a grin.

"Alright, we'll send you the contract and have you sign it. Then the house is yours, all of course if you pay." My realtor said.

"Of course, I'll have the money for you tomorrow."

The next day....

"No, I just need half the money in my bank account. Yes thank you, I'll wait here." I said frustrated as I watched the woman disappear to get my money. I sat for about twenty minutes before she arrived.

As I waited and waited, I noticed that the walls in this particular bank were a bit torn. The paint was faded a little and need new crown molding. The carpet was dirty and worn, the only thing that was oddly new were the counters. They were finished with an orangish brown varnish and had brand new signs and computers sitting on it.

After what seemed like an eternity, even though it was twenty minutes, the woman finally arrived with my money.

"Here you go sir, this is half of what is in your bank account.....it was two million correct?" She looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Yes, thank you ma'am. Have a good day." I replied back before opening the door and leaving.

I took the shortest way to my new home hoping I wasn't late to meet with my realtor. As I pulled into my driveway I spotted my realtor sitting on the cement stairs.

"Sean, why didn't you just go inside? The key's in the box."

"It's policy, I can't enter the home unless the buyer is with me. Stupid policy. Being your here though I brought you the contract for the house, did you bring the 1.8 million?"

"As a matter a fact, yes and even too much. But that alright with you right?"

"Of course. Just as long as it's even, I'm perfectly fine with extra money." My realtor said with a smirk.

My realtor handed me my contract and I gave him the money. He smiled and gave me the keys to the house. I smiled for a while before entering the house, I stared at the perfectly grey covered house. With black trim around the doors and windows. I entered the house and it was huge! I've never seen a house this big before, I entered the living room and it had dark grey carpet and all my appliances from my old house.