Magikos

Prologue:

"Long ago, when the world was still hot and burning bright, only the Athánatos, the immortals, could withstand the fiery heat. They lived freely, without any restrictions and laws until Doxa created man to quench the immortals' fire and to destroy those who had become corrupt. However, man overpowered Doxa and did not abide by his rule. Every Athánatos was hunted and one by one, each Athánatos fell; the Leekos and the Nychterídes were the first to be hunted. Those who were not terminated by man remained hidden in the dark caverns created when Earth's fire was cooled.

Soon, only the Magikos remained. They knew they were being hunted yet they did not fear the Thnétos and the death they brought. They did not fight nor defend themselves yet men knew they were dangerous. Man referred to the Athánatos as Katara - cursed.

As man hunted them, the Magikos awaited Doxa's creation and were each bought to justice until only one remained.

His name was Archí - beginning - and he was the first of the Magikos to exist upon Earth. Nowadays, he is know by a different name; Telos - the end. Telos cursed the men and blinded them with light. As the light faded, Telos was nowhere to be seen. He'd vanished.

Telos was the last Magikos to ever exist."

The little girl was enamoured by the tale, spun by her poppa's silver tongue. She wanted to know more of the story, more of Telos, yet as the campfire dwindled, she was urged to retreat to her bed and to allow her dreams to control her.