Who is this I wonder?

After she dried her eyes and took some deep breathes, we made our way to her car. The clouds that were by the moon had gone and left it to shine and illuminate my street.

The road on which I live only has a single street lamp halfway down. This means on a clear night you can see more stars than usual streets and their many fluorescent posts.

I love looking up at the stars and go out of my way to go to a hill where there is no artificial light sources, and just lay there. I could be laid there for hours just pondering about the universe and all it's wonders. The only problem with going to a place with no light source, is you are usually followed by creeps and it's quite scary really, so I tend not to go as often anymore.

As I got in the car I noticed something different, a little off if you will. This wasn't my mothers car at all.

In the drivers seat sat a young man. He was looking out the drivers window when I sat down, just looking up at the night sky. He sat in complete silence and to be honest, it was kind of weirding me out...

My mother had walked off back into my flat as soon as I opened the car door so I couldn't ask her who he was or what he was doing here.

After about five minutes of awkward silence, he turned around to face me. He looked me straight in the eye and then looked down at my lap. I quickly looked down shocked and sort of embarrassed (I mean you would be too if a random guy just looks down at your area!) to see what he was looking at.

"Your seatbelt." His accent...

I reacted quickly and fumbled around to find the belt that was placed around the back of me. I placed it in the hole to hear that satisfying click. His head and eyes returned to the drivers window and he started the engine.

I couldn't do anything but watch him as he moved through the traffic without changing his facial expression. It was bewildering.