He's such a jerk, She's so innocent

Just The Way You Are - Chapter 3 - He's a jerk, She's so innocent

PREVIOUSLY

“Oh and just to remind you, we are all coming over tonight.” Zayn said randomly.

“WHAT!?” I screeched making them all back away from me covering their ears.

“Geez, Bridget. We have ears ya know!” Harry said acting as if his ear drums were about to burst.

“Is that ok Bridget?” Liam asked being the nicest person.

“Well, err…That’s fine.” The truth was that usually Saturday nights were Zach and my date night.

“Give us your phone and we will program our numbers into their so you can text us the directions.” Zayn said holding out his hand.

I gave him my phone and he programed everyone’s numbers into their and then gave it back to me.

“Bye guys! See you tonight!” I called to them as I left the room.

I heard five “Byes!” Then I thought, how am I going to pull this off?

*****************************

Once I was in my car I nervously dialed Zach’s number. I was going to ask him if I could have some friends over tonight.

I heard the phone ring a couple of times then Zach picked up.

“Hey. What’s up?” Zach asked sounding a little out of breath.

“Nothing really. How’s work?” I asked carefully maneuvering myself onto the road.

“Work is really good today.” Zach grunted.

“Good, well I was wondering if I could have a couple of friends over tonight?”

“Hmmm? Oh, Yea mhmmm sure.”  Zach groaned.

“What’s going on? Are you ok?

Instead of Zach’s voice I heard, “Harder babe, ZACH!”

Before Zach could hang up something inside of me snapped, “F*ck you!”

Tears blurred my vision. I knew he was cheating on me but I chose to ignore it in hopes of he wasn’t. I wiped my eyes and drove home.

After I got to the house I texted all the boys my address saying, ‘come whenever.’

I went up to my room and changed into sweats and a tank top. Usually I would wear one of Zach’s shirts but I didn’t want to think about him right now.

I went downstairs to prepare some food for the boys. It was already 6 PM. Where had the day gone? Oh yea, I had been being bombarded by One Direction and throwing drinks at them.

I remembered what the boys had said earlier about their favorite snacks.

Louis = carrots

Niall = anything

Liam = jellybeans

Zayn = pizza

Harry = tacos

I got out a bowl and poured jellybeans into it, then another for the baby carrots. I called for some pizza, made tacos, and put out random other food.

Now it was almost 7, the boys should be here any moment. I went and sat down to take a breather. That’s when the whole day caught up to me. My breathing became hitched and I suppressed a sob.

Zach had cheated on me yet again, but this time I had heard them. No, Zach and I have never done ‘it’, I just haven’t been ready. Now I know, ‘But you guys live together?!’ That is only because I just finished high school and it is summer. My parents had kicked me out because they didn’t believe that an 18 year old should date a 22 year old. It was only 4 years! Sheesh.