ONE

"Please," she trembled before the girl's fingers, terror washing over her as the dainty nails ripped into claws, the scars she once thought were self-harm marks tearing open to reveal several rows of jagged white knives. "Please, let me go. I don't understand, I've been trying to help!"

The girl stared, blue eyes shifting to translucent globes, then back to ice. "I know," she replied, a slight waver in her youthful tone. "I thought you could... but my time is going to be up, and I can't wait any longer. I cannot be a chicken, or a cow. I have to stay the way I am, I'm sorry."

"Y-you what?" the woman stuttered, flinching back as the groping teeth neared her cheeks.

"I have to stay human, Janit. I—" the girl cut off for a moment, her eyes blinking as a sheen rose. She almost seemed surprised, but before the woman could have any hope, her gaze reverted to the chilling stare that had secretly haunted their every meeting. The woman cried out as the teeth dug into her cheeks, a wetness streaming down to paint upon her white blouse. The girl held her still, shuddering, yet keeping her gaze.

"Human is what I am, therefore human is what I eat."

Challenge: If you have an antagonist in your story, don't make them one-dimensional! (a.k.a. don't have them acting evil all the time, give hints about their motives and why they believe that what they're doing is right.)